Refresh Home Window
I have 3 Kodi 17 RC3 environments connected to a central MySQL database and all is running fine there with one exception.
When I stop a movie or tv show on one media player and want to resume play in another room, unless I restart the system, I can't see the movie listed under "In progress movies" on the home screen. Also, once I update the library on one system, I don't see the results under recently added on the home page as well.

Is there a way to refresh the Home Window without resorting to a restart?
(2017-01-25, 02:33)powderburned Wrote: I have 3 Kodi 17 RC3 environments connected to a central MySQL database and all is running fine there with one exception.
When I stop a movie or tv show on one media player and want to resume play in another room, unless I restart the system, I can't see the movie listed under "In progress movies" on the home screen. Also, once I update the library on one system, I don't see the results under recently added on the home page as well.

I believe those widgets are refreshed based on certain triggers like start/stop events or library updates, etc. Unfortunately with mysql, those triggers may not happen on the other box.

There are various service addons in the repo that skins use for widgets. I'm not sure which one estuary uses, but in the past one of them (called skin widgets I believe) used to have a timer option and an "entering home screen" option as triggers. I don't see those anymore, which is probably the issue.

That is certainly something that bothers me too with kodi as I often go to a different room (kitchen, basement, etc.) in the middle of a show or a movie and the widgets don't update.

As a partial solution, I set up library updates every hour on every machine so the widgets get synced once an hour at the least.
(2017-01-25, 02:33)powderburned Wrote: I have 3 Kodi 17 RC3 environments connected to a central MySQL database and all is running fine there with one exception.

I'm currently struggling with exactly same issue.

IMO home screen is useless if this can not be fixed Angry
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
Currently a library update will force the home screen to update, as well a refresh on an individual movie or TV episode. So the bandaid fix would be to go to the movies section, do a library update, and then come back to the home screen.
@pkscout
Yeah, already found some conditions where home screen is going to refresh.

But honestly, those workarounds are not acceptable for me Sad

Btw, found your Estuary mod, really great job - thanks for your work to make that home screen more useful Big Grin
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
I ended creating an addon with 1 line to execute a 1 line ReloadSkin() function. I call that from the /etc/apm/sleep.d folder script with the JSON RPC API, so that kodi usually sleeping when woken up refreshes the home screen and gets all up to date info.

all too much work to get multiple Kodi's to sync up with the new home screen..

I can post share code if anyone is interested.
Yes please! Sounds like exactly what I need..
Actually just discovered this script which will do what I need, no addon needed!

kodi-send --action="ReloadSkin()"
It would be nice to have a button at the top that the user can use to execute a refresh?
Same issues for me too - any chance of a fix or is the pi1 no longer supported for bug fixes?
(2017-03-06, 22:14)quixers Wrote: Actually just discovered this script which will do what I need, no addon needed!

kodi-send --action="ReloadSkin()"

How do you use this command? Can I use it from within kodi?
I got around this problem by creating a simple script that first tries to update the video library from an empty path and then reloads the skin. Updating library causes visible widgets to update and skin reload makes some hidden widgets like unwatched movies/shows appear. You can map this script to a key on your remote or add it to your favourites.

Here's how you can add the button to your main menu in Estuary, right next to the "Search" button.

In skin.estuary/xml/Home.xml find the last <include content="IconButton">...</include>
and add this after it:
Code:
                    <include content="IconButton">
                        <param name="control_id" value="805" />
                        <param name="onclick" value="RunScript(special://skin/scripts/update.py)" />
                        <param name="icon" value="icons/addonstatus/update.png" />
                        <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[184]" />
                        <param name="visible" value="!Player.HasMedia" />
                    </include>

The script (create a file called update.py in skin.estuary/scripts/)
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('UpdateLibrary(video,special://skin/sripts)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('reloadskin')
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
I have just released a new service add-on to refresh clients "recently added" of a shared SQL database:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=376527

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh Home Window0