Kodi on Chromebook - Audio / Video sync and buffering delays
I've got NextPVR running on a Windows 10 PC pulling streams from an HDHomeRun. That is working great, except for the two weeks it took me to realize that it had a web interface and that the Kodi NextPVR client could play its content.

I've got an old Mac running XBMC with the NextPVR addon, and that's working great, nary an issue except that some recorded TV has the sound out of sync with the video. Fortunately, no shows I care about yet.

I've also got a Chromebook with an i3 and 802.11n, using Crouton to run a linux chroot which in turn runs Kodi 17 on top of xfce4. Watching live TV via Kodi/NextPVR or the HDHomeRun directly are without issue. All of the recordings from NextPVR have TERRIBLE sound/video sync issues and oftentimes stutter every 5-10 seconds "buffering". So I know it's a Chromebook/Recorded TV issue, but I'm unsure where to look to improve performance...
Just a followup - this may be a sheer performance bottleneck on ChromeOS - I am able to watch non-HD recorded content with much better audio/video sync; so it's just HD content that have this issue. I'm not even sure how to begin troubleshooting this... although I've considered wiping ChromeOS off entirely and going pure linux to see if I'm losing something in the chroot abstraction... I'm not optimistic however as I seem to have the same issues with a raspberry pi (although that's more buffering than audio sync.)

Oh, and adjusting the audio offset - for each and every video - seems to have absolutely no effect either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Chromebook - Audio / Video sync and buffering delays0