Bug - List View - Gallery Addons (Re-created to abide by rules) (Video of bug)
(I apologize for the first thread where I mentioned an add-on that was not allowed. I made a video to showcase the error I was receiving however I see that post is no longer - however I felt like this video would help).

The original issue is: when browsing my add-ons, with the Mimic skin, by default it was on "gallery" view. I changed it (to a different view like list, thumbnail, lowlist, ETC) and then I could not change it back to gallery.
I thought Gallery was the best way to display the add-ons and I am hoping to get it back.

I luckily had Mimic on a different device, still in the default Gallery view for Video add-ons, so I took a video to showcase how once you switch off Gallery, it is no longer an option:

I hope posting a video is allowed - I think this video showcases the issue well:

http://streamable.com/zjewr
It must be a glitch that it even shows up in the first place, it shouldn't be available for addons. No plans to enable that, especially since many addons don't even have fanart.
Oh ok! Good to know then! Unfortunate to hear in my case - cause its my favorite view, but I totally get the reasoning since it's not worth it.

Are you the dev of Mimic? If so, is it possible to elaborate on the settings? Is it stored in .cfg or an XML file anywhere? (I.e. if I ssh into my device, browser to the skin.mimic folder, is there a file like config.cfg or something that I can manually change a line to "Gallery" i.e.: ListViewType = "Gallery" instead of "ListViewType = "Thumbnail"? So I could do it on my own?
Yeah, I'm the dev. It wouldn't be that easy though, the view system in Mimic is quite complex. You would need to make changes in several files. I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly what to do without actually doing it myself first, and this isn't something I plan to spend time on.
Alright no worries! Thanks for the help! Love the skin regardless - best looking skin I've seen yet!

One more question, which I think I know the answer too, but just want to make sure: If I set something to specific view, can I apply that to every thing at that same level in the hierarchy? I'm guessing not based on how complex I'm learning customization is, but my idea is this:
If I'm at a list of my shows, I can set a view for it. If I go to Season I can set a different view there (awesome!) when I get to shows, lets say for Show A, I like the LowList view. If I go to Show B, I have to set LowList view there as well?

I don't mind doing it manually, I just want to make sure there is no option or radio button I'm missing to select "Apply this view to all same level directories" or something like that!

Thanks again Mimic is awesome!
Skin's don't remember the views, Kodi takes care of that.
Not sure if I'm following? So it's not possible since Kodi takes care of it, or I can set it through Kodi?
You have to set the view, then Kodi will remember. There aren't any options to set.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug - List View - Gallery Addons (Re-created to abide by rules) (Video of bug)0