Android [Kodi 17] Random frame rate drops after pause, seek or without a reason
All Kodi Krypton versions I was using have excactly the same problem.
Video starts fine and sometimes after pasuing it for a couple of mintues or seeking video the frame rate drops and it doesn't go back to normal until I press stop and play video once more.
This also happens without doing anything.
I'm using an Amlogic S905X device with 2GB RAM.
Videos are played by local network (SMB).

I'm out od ideas. Tried to change everything in the settings. Nothing helps.
Last thing I didn't test is to play video from USB.
But older versions of Kodi don't have that problem.
So it must be a Kodi Krypton bug.
please provide a debug log (wiki) via pastebin.com link
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I run into the same thing often when using streaming addons (ESPN 3 from Kodi repo). Using Fire TV 2 with ample bandwidth the video becomes very choppy while the audio remains perfect. Stopping and restarting the stream is the only solution when this occurs. See my linked log file, it was too large for pastebin Sad

https://dl.orangedox.com/H1E03CNQAYB5L5Ko21
bump,

using RC4 I still have this issue. Can I provide anything else to assist?
A heads up here.....

I seriously doubt no one is even going to be looking at bug fixing this issue for AMLogic Android Krypton.

Why ? because there simply is no Android Kodi Code maintainer, particularly for AMLogic Krypton at the moment.

A lot of the previous Kodi Android devs are simply fed up with rampant Android Piracy & rubbish Firmware from cheap Ship and Forget AMLogic Android sellers. If the device is broken, simply send it back to the seller. That is the best help that can be offered.

There simply is no incentive to even try and fix any AML Android problems, why would you want to ?

If you want a decent version of Kodi Jarvis / Krypton on AMLogic S905 devices then use LibreELEC Kodi from a Samsung EVO or Sandisk UHS-1 microSDHC card.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-38.html

wrxtasy,

I appreciate that feedback, but that would only apply to the OP. This issues appears to affect more than just AMLogic. As stated, I experience this as well with my Fire TV 2 which I believe uses other hardware. From their website:
CPU Quad Core (dual core ARM Cortex A72 up to 2GHz, dual core ARM Cortex A53 up to 1.573Ghz)
GPU PowerVR Rogue GX6250

Assuming we are experiencing the same glitchy playbac, I don't think it is AMLogic specic, rather Android. Perhaps it is Hardware acceleration related? I'm not expert Smile
Hmmm, interesting then if its more than just AMLogic Android Hardware.

I will have a look around and see if this issue goes further than just Android Krypton. Other OS's running Krypton may have similar issues.

I will bump this once again. Kodi 17 and 17.1RC still exhibit this issue. To me feels like if the video needs to buffer the video never recovers gracefully. I see stuttering video while the audio remains good, I see frozen screen with a slow growing buffer that eventually fills but the video never plays again, or I see the stream completely stop. Am I the only one seeing this play out (or not playing) on Android
Seeing the stutters again. Attached is the log. The lines that stick out in my mind are the following. Anyone have an idea as to what is happening?

https://dl.orangedox.com/4OlzN1iIFOuPoJDFSh

Code:
21:28:01.342 T:18446744072344351400   DEBUG: CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec::virtual void CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec::SetDropState(bool) true->false
21:28:01.348 T:18446744072344351400   DEBUG: CVideoPlayerVideo::CalcDropRequirement - hurry: 1
21:28:01.370 T:18446744072344351400   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
i get the same issue on 18 alpha (all of them!) on ubuntu 16.04 linux with atom1 (x86_64) chipset playing files over nfs4 with gige. so no way its just an amlogic/android/streaming bug,

if i pause a video it stutters on un-pause straight away and doesn't get better. stopping it and starting again works fine. i think once i managed to make the stuttering go by bringing up one of the menu's (e.g. audio settings) so its like its an overlay or refresh bug that's fixed when its forced to draw something new to the screen.

in fact i don't get the problem when playing youtube or iplayer, just files. so can rule out streaming or bandwidth.

kodi 17 all the way back to 12 worked fine on exact same setup so not hardware/os/network/gpu/arm either.

i seemed to get the problem as soon as the linux nightlies switched from 17 (maybe rc4?) to 18 alpha, also just tried 17.1 which seems to have the problem too.
I have the same problems on windows 7-64 / i5 8gb ram machine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 17] Random frame rate drops after pause, seek or without a reason0