JAVA Error
fixed with extra.txt - thanks!
yes indeed that fixed it for me as well. Thanks for all the quick responses
(2017-01-26, 10:47)mlaggner Wrote: could anyone with this issue try if the updater is loading? (tinyMediaManagerUpd.exe)

I can't launch the updater without extra.txt, same java error.
I downloaded and launched the nightly build 2.9.2 1131379win and it worked fine. I haven't tested it beyond that though since the exta.txt solution works perfectly on the stable version.

EDIT:
The latest tmm version 2.9.2 works now even without extra.txt.
Thanks guys!
Guys:

I am still getting the same java error with tmm version 2.9.2 (Windows 10) !!!

(but in a different way: now with tmm version 2.9.2 the java error is popping up when I click on the green "plus" button to enter the data source folder)

I now found out that, for me, the problem is solved by rolling back to the previous NVIDIA driver.

In short:
- tmm version 2.9.2 with NVIDIA driver 378.49 (release date 01/24/2017) + Java v8 update 121 --> tmm does NOT work
- tmm version 2.9.2 with NVIDIA driver 376.33 (the previous one) + Java v8 update 121 --> tmm DOES WORK (like a charm)

?
the folder chooser is not swing - that is Javafx and it can be possible that the fix only applies to the swing part Sad
the NVIDIA driver failed badly for much java pieces

you could try to explicitly disable hardware acceleration for JavaFX with
Code:
-Dprism.order=j2d

in the file extra.txt
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Pardon my ignorance, but I had the same problem fixed by editing extra.txt. Then, I had the same problem or similar problem with TMM opening explorer to choose artwork file. That has been fixed by disabling hardware acceleration per mlaggner's suggestion above. My question is what effect (if any) does this have on other applications, specifically Steam? Also, I imagine the TMM team will fix this in time, will I need to remember to remove the code when no longer needed?

Thanks! And thanks for helping me get back up and running!

Win 7-64 with nvidia
these params are only for tmm and do not affect any other apps.

btw: as myron wrote in the other thread, a new driver version should be online (https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/.../a_id/4378)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Good to know, thanks. I will give the hot fix a go as well.

Thank you!
The issue I have, which seems to be the same or similar to this, is that javase process crashes shortly after starting the application. It seems to be related to opening a folder picker but that is not necessary. The app will crash with no particular action.

I can't say which would be the trigger, but both Java and NVIDIA drivers updated, as well as TMM at nearly the time this started. I believe it was either Java or Nvidia, but can't say which.

JRE 1.8.0_121 (32 and 64) and nvidia 378.49 game ready drivers are installed on Windows 10 x64.

It's executing the 64 bit version of Java 8 JRE. I have the latest JDK 6, 7, and 8 installed as well, but haven't tried executing with any of them.

Nothing interesting is showing in the TMM logs...

I did this:

Added the d3d parameter to extra.txt, did not fix.
Code:
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false
Added j2d parameter to extra.txt seemed to fix issue. (in addition to d3d parameter)
Code:
-Dprism.order=j2d

Tried removing the d3d parameter... the issue returned.
When I added it back the issue occurred once, but not again.

So... the parameters may resolve the issue for TMM. ** Edit ** Spoke too soon, the configuration with both parameters just crashed again. I'll try reverting java and/or drivers.

Just to summarize: It seems to me from the discussion and references that some fix in java or nvidia drivers is needed to address the root cause. Reverting either NVIDIA or Java version may solve the issue.

** EDIT 2 - Looks like updating to the nvidia hotfix driver from the link above did the trick for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JAVA Error0