Android Ubuntu Android Compiling Issue
Hi all, hope someone can help.

I have been trying for a few days to get a development environment set up for compiling Kodi, and keep hitting error after error.

I eventually gave up today and wiped my Ubuntu machine and started again. I have managed to get around most of the issues, but I can't seem to find any information about the current issue I am having.

I have uploaded the relevant parts (I think) of the output from the make command to pastebin: http://pastebin.com/GeLEmRSr and hope someone can shed some light on this? If you need any more information or output just let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Code:
make[3]: /opt/xbmc-depends/x86_64-linux-gnu-native/bin/pgen: Command not found

The root cause is in the compilation of the native python
Thanks Koying, do you know how I would resolve that then? I am presuming it is a missing dependency?
How would I know based on the partial log you showed?

Start from scratch, include full log and something might pop out...
(2017-01-26, 09:59)Koying Wrote: How would I know based on the partial log you showed?

Start from scratch, include full log and something might pop out...

What are the chances of you remoting into my environment and taking a look? I'm happy to offer some sort of donation to the project?

Thanks. Mike
Counter question - what are the chances that you contribute back some code once you are able to compile kodi? Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-01-26, 18:11)Memphiz Wrote: Counter question - what are the chances that you contribute back some code once you are able to compile kodi? Smile

That is exactly what I want to do :-) well try anyway... ive noticed a couple of libraries being used in Jarvis which have security vulnerabilities, so I figured I would start off trying to replace them with the current versions and then take it from there... but if I can't even get it to compile I'm not sure if I'll be much use Sad
Don' t spend time on jarvis at all. Use our master branch which is up to date as we are not really interested in older branches

edit:
fixed typo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-01-26, 19:00)Martijn Wrote: Dong spend time on jarvis at all. Use our master branch which is up to date as we are not really interested in older branches

What about all the users who are using devices that won't support anything higher than Jarvis though? That was my main reason for wanting to look at it, I have a few devices that can't support Krypton myself, so felt it would be a good move to fix the vulnerabilities in Jarvis before moving onto the latest build :-)
We won't release an updated Jarvis version.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu Android Compiling Issue0