v17 Music ratings playlist - changes from v16 or before
I have successfully used XBMC and then KODI for several years and have never had a problem with my music ratings being recognised eg in Smart Playlist etc.

However since installing Version 17 on Windows my Smart Playlists cannot find any matching ratings. My physical files have not changed.They are tagged with ID3v2.3 and the ratings are recognised by Media Monkey and MusicBee.

A typical Smart Playlist is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="songs">
<name>Favourites</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="rating" operator="greaterthan">
<value>3</value>
</rule>
<limit>250</limit>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist

However nothing plays. If I try to play it in Party Mode it fails with "Party Mode aborted. No matching songs in library.

I use Kodi 14.2 on another device which accesses the same mp3 files and all works fine.

Any ideas? I have tried re-scanning the library several times.
Version 17 introduces User Ratings to make music more consistent with video. It has also changed it to a 10 point scale. Therefore you should probably change the rule in your smart playlist from:

<rule field="rating" operator="greaterthan">

to

<rule field="userrating" operator="greaterthan">

and you may also need to change the value from 3 to 6,

Hope that works.
Thanks for the reply. That worked. Thank you. Much appreciated.
Regards
I have edited the name of this thread to help others find it. Yes the changes to ratings v17 mean that users will need to change any older smart playlists or custom nodes that use a ratings rule.
It may be worth emphasing the use of the "userrating" field rather than "rating" field as I missed this on first read.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music ratings playlist - changes from v16 or before0