TVTunes Alternative/Question
I was just wondering if there was going to be an alternative to TVTunes that would be developed so that the basic functionality of hearing theme music while browsing your library wouldn't disappear from Kodi entirely. I've read up on some of the background of that whole fiasco and I have no desire to stir up that hornet's nest, I was just wondering if a new addon would be made to take its place or if there already was one. Also, I've found TVTunes elswwhere and tried it, but nothing plays when I browse my library. I realize there's little point in asking for support for it here since it eppears its history has been blanked here, but I wondered if the neewer versions of Kodi (I'm using Krypton RC1 atm) have been deliberately adjusted to not allow TVTunes to work properly. Anyway, just thought I'd ask.
The full versions of the tunes it used were copyrighted material that were not legally used.

Hence the owner of the storage who had donated the hosting removed them when this fact was identified. That is why the add-on doesn't work, although you are correct that no support for it is offered here for similar reasons.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
the original version (not sure if it's still floating around on the interwebs) still works fine.
but it needs skins support and it's likely most skins have removed support for it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I agree the basic service function (play local mp3 file "theme" song) might be nice to implement, without the "find or upload file via add-on" or screensaver functionality.

As suggested, I pulled support in skin mod I manage to avoid user confusion.

scott s.
I have ported some of the TVTunes Addon into a new TVThemes Addon that plays only local files...no access to online content. I have it working with Jarvis just fine. Would KODI be willing to add Krypton support for this?
(2017-02-09, 15:03)latts9923 Wrote: I have ported some of the TVTunes Addon into a new TVThemes Addon that plays only local files...no access to online content. I have it working with Jarvis just fine. Would KODI be willing to add Krypton support for this?

I can test it on Krypton if you send me a link!!
@mario S.

I'll send you a PM after I clean up the files and create a new icon.
Okay thx!!
any joy on this
(2017-02-09, 15:03)latts9923 Wrote: I have ported some of the TVTunes Addon into a new TVThemes Addon that plays only local files...no access to online content. I have it working with Jarvis just fine. Would KODI be willing to add Krypton support for this?

Hello latts9923

How is the new TVThemes Addon coming along? Is there anywhere we can download it from?
I asked the original author if I could tweak his current code, but he asked that I not do that, so I never pursued it any further.
Ok, thanks for responding.

Are you aware of any other workarounds to enable playing themes? I have my own themes sourced from compilation albums I own, so I don't need to download themes from anywhere.
Are there any news or addon to play local stored media files (e.g. theme.mp3) when browsing through video library? I still miss Undecided  ​​​​​this cool feature since tvtunes was banned.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
Yes a very missed add-on... Sad

There has been some recent talk about a replacement here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2699944
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVTunes Alternative/Question1