Kodi 17 - rc3/rc4: problem in slideshow: playback of videos is stumbling
Hi All!

First, I'd like to welcome everyone on this forum and say big thanks to the developers of this amazing software.

Being new on the forum I am a bit confused, which topic is most relevant to the "mixed slideshow of both video and pictures". The search seems to return a lot of results on this.

Related:
This forum thread
This ticket
This pull request

Using:
Kodi (18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20180301-d56be60) running on Linux Mint 18.3 x64 Mate edition (based on Ubuntu Xenial)
Fresh install - both Kodi and OS - no plugins, default settings

Log:
kodi.log on pastebin

The latest nighties sort of work, but not quite.
It seems that during a slideshow Kodi plays videos in a different way compared to normal playback, when I just click a video.

During the slideshow...
when switching from a JPG to a video:
- the video does start, but there are no controls to pause or seek, the only way is to move to another item in the slideshow queue
- some video files do not work (espetially some large MTS files), the sound does play, but the video is frozen on first frame. Kodi does play the same video just fine when I choose just the video (without slide show)

when switching from a video to a JPG:
- the video being played does not stop. I see the JPG on the screen, but can still hear the sound playback of the video, which does not stop until I encounter another video in the slideshow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 17 - rc3/rc4: problem in slideshow: playback of videos is stumbling - by eiver - 2018-03-01, 19:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 - rc3/rc4: problem in slideshow: playback of videos is stumbling3