Kodi 17 - rc3/rc4: problem in slideshow: playback of videos is stumbling
This problem (first it was stumbling playback, then it became playback of audio only with a blank screen) of videos in the sequence of images of a slideshow has now been around for a rather significant period of time.

I last had this feature (videos playing back as part of a pictures slideshow) working correctly in Kodi 16. I *really* like this feature of Kodi slideshows, but it is no longer working.

The problem occurs on all versions of Raspberry Pis, both on OpenELEC and LibreELEC, for any MP4 video in the sequence irrespective of size.

I just configured a brand new RPi 3B+ with LibreELEC 8.90.004 (Kodi 18.0-beta-1) and even set the gpu_mem=256 in its config.txt, and tried all variations of hardware acceleration on and/or off.

The problem is persistent and not intermittent in any form or fashion.

I would be personally very grateful if the Kodi gods could have mercy on us grateful users and fix it.

If I can be of any assistance, do let me know.

I'd be happy to donate £40 for a fully fledge Raspberry Pi 3 system if that gets it resolved.

Given the variety of platforms for which this problem is reported, however, and that some knowledgeable people have even commented on the "Pictures" part of Kodi being the "unloved child of Kodi features", it may just be a generic problem in Kodi and not related to the platform at all. "Generic" in the sense that something is fundamentally wrong, it just happens to work on selected platforms, so where it is working, that is the non-generic exception, not the other way around.

Ordinary video playback of those videos works fine and always did and still does.

Sincerely, and gratefully for any attention for this problem,
pj

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 17 - rc3/rc4: problem in slideshow: playback of videos is stumbling - by pj2018 - 2018-09-09, 14:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 - rc3/rc4: problem in slideshow: playback of videos is stumbling3