Scans only half my library: known problem?
G'evening Big Grin

I have a 200 thousand songs music library, like this: \audio\albums\artist1\album_1-album_n\.

For some reason, Kodi only indexes around half of it (85000 songs in MySQL), and then it considers the job done.

Is this a known problem? Are there ways to find out why it is doing this (I looked in debug, for sure there are complains about a *.cue not matching the actual files (example: *.cue says songs are in *.wav, but actually they are in *.flac), but that is not more than 100 thousand errors)?

Any add ons or something like that to help?

Thank you in advance very much for any help and leads NodTongueBig Grin
Have you checked the songs/albums? Maybe you're missing some information and Kodi doesn't add it..
I don't know if Kodi also has problems with that many songs (respect dude :-)
I had a similar error (although only with about ~500 songs) where Kodi ignored some of the songs and didn't show them in the music section (but checking the source, they existed). I used program called Picard to tag all songs properly with MusicBrainz tags and deleted the library and added it again. I now have all songs in there, but this could just be luck ^^
First check is that all of your folders are visible to Kodi. It takes any that start "." as hidden, e.g. \audio\albums\.Odd Artist Name\album_1 would not be processed.

If not that then any pattern to the songs that are missing? I know that may not be easy to spot with 200k of songs, but it is surprizing how good humans are at spotting patterens (and making the up too).

Next would be to turn debug on and do a library update. It will be monster log file with that many files to scan, but we will be able to track the folders it checks. Best if the lib has been updated before, so there are no actual music file changes to processes, that will reduce the log file in size. Post the debug log into pastebin or elsewhere on the cloud and a link here.
Thank you both :-)

That Picard program I found before, but I think I'm too stupid to understand that GUI. And a proper tutorial doesn't seem easy to find.

There are no "." directories.

The pattern of songs missed I'm afraid will be impossible for me to find. How do you check which out of 200.000 songs are not included?

I will generate a debug log and report back.

Thank you :-)
(2017-01-27, 10:12)SlyRipper Wrote: Have you checked the songs/albums? Maybe you're missing some information and Kodi doesn't add it..
I had a similar error (although only with about ~500 songs) where Kodi ignored some of the songs and didn't show them in the music section (but checking the source, they existed). I used program called Picard to tag all songs properly with MusicBrainz tags and deleted the library and added it again. I now have all songs in there, but this could just be luck ^^

I tried to send you a PM but it seems I am not allowed to Angel

Would you know of a good tuto for that Picard program?

TIA Tongue
(2017-01-27, 19:21)JumboMumbo Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 10:12)SlyRipper Wrote: Have you checked the songs/albums? Maybe you're missing some information and Kodi doesn't add it..

I tried to send you a PM but it seems I am not allowed to Angel

Would you know of a good tuto for that Picard program?

TIA Tongue

Hmm gonna check the settings then, it's still on default Big Grin (Edit: seems to be PMs are allowed, strange)
Here's a link, found on the second page of the tips section: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=204785
Short: Just load the folder in picard, then press "Group" and it will arrange the songs into the same folder so no songs get lost on the search. Then hit analyse and/or lookup to get the correct information. You'll see the lists on the right, you can then save them or correct them via drag&drop the songs to different albums, or even change the album type/description (i usually take those with covers Wink ) and you're done Wink
I found the tool in this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=294333 very useful as it enabled me to load the output csv file into a spreadsheet and sort it on various fields.

this allowed me to locate faulty tags very easily
It never crossed my mind that you could be trying to load untagged music files into the libaray, Kodi will certainly ingore music files without adequate metadata.

Oh yes, PM are enabled after your 10th forum post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scans only half my library: known problem?0