How To Set up an Amazon Game Controller in 17.6
I have a Fire TV Box with Kodi 17.6. When Kodi opens, I get a message that a new controller was detected and I need to visit the settings to configure it.
First problem is, I can't navigate away from the message because the controller isn't being recognized.

So I sync'd a firestick remote and went to the settings area where I'm supposed to be able to configure a new controller. Nothing! No help! No way to configure it.

I jump on Google, facebook, and these forums to find an answer. The only response that I found resembling an answer is just basic instructions for configuring a controller in Kodi. Not useful.
One user said they got it working by doing a fresh install of 17.0, then upgrading to 17.4. That's not really an option for me.

I'm thinking there's some config file that has been left out for whatever reason. Fire TV stick and fire TV box are two of the most popular kodi platforms going right now, it seems odd that support for their peripherals is not being updated or patched.

Does anybody have any information on how to get the Amazon game controller to work in Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To Set up an Amazon Game Controller in 17.60