Can stream ONLY local content to DLNA TV problem
Hi all, spent the best part of 2 days trying to sort this out before giving up and coming on here.

Running Linux Mint 17.3 - all up to date.
Running Kodi Jarvis 16.1
Using a "WDTV Live" DLNA box connected via HDMI to my TV.

I can send my music, pictures and local video to my DLNA box ("WDTV Live" box), connected to the TV just fine.

However, if I select a Video add on, such as BBC iPlayer, or Youtube, and select "Play using" (in my case the "WDTV Live" box), nothing happens, nothing at all. I get no indications of anything on both my Kodi screen and on my TV.

Note, the iPlayer and YouTube works fine on the local PC.

I even installed Kodi 16.1 on my laptop and took it to a friends house where he has a DLNA Sony TV, but the same problem exists.

Am I doing something wrong?
No, streams from addons can't be re-streamed from Kodi. Only played media content.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for the reply, but, before I upgraded from Kodi “Isengard” I used to be able to "cast" YouTube and iPlayer etc to my DLNA box with no problems. Has something changed?
Hi Darren, (and anyone else)

Just in case I'm misunderstanding, could you confirm that, using Kodi, I can only send media stored on my PC to my DLNA devices and that it is not possible to send content from the BBC iPlayer and YouTube to a DLNA "box" or TV etc.

I only ask as I seem to remember being able to do this a while back on an earlier version, but I could be getting mixed up !!
That is my understanding, yes. Or more specifically you can't send the output of addons that way, but only locally played media, whether that is on your PC or your local network.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Have you enabled the services in kodi?upnp etc

Sent from my iPhone
Yes, I have, otherwise I wouldn't be able to send any content to my TV Wink

But thanks for the suggestion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can stream ONLY local content to DLNA TV problem0