IPaddress not changing
Question for anyone, I am using kodi for a while and decided to use a VPN. I installed VPN Manager for OPENVPN. It set up great works great. The only problem I have is my ipaddress does not switch to reflect what my vpn is setup for.

In system info thru settings. Go to the internet tab and I see it is connected to internet. But it has the wrong ipaddress.
But when I run Speedtest it shows me right ipaddress I am connected to. And also Vpn manager does show me the correct ipaddress Under display VPN status.

What do I need to change to get kodi to show the true ipaddress whenever I am on vpn or not??

Thank you for your help
I am assuming that when you look at the ip address in kodi settings it shows something like 192.168.xxx.xxx which is you LAN address. When you go to speetest it shows your public ip and that is the ip that your vpn will change.
(2017-01-27, 17:18)Av3nged Wrote: I am assuming that when you look at the ip address in kodi settings it shows something like 192.168.xxx.xxx which is you LAN address. When you go to speetest it shows your public ip and that is the ip that your vpn will change.

Yes. Kodi showing 10.1.xx.xxx ipaddress. Which is a network ipaddress. And vpn shows something different. Like 192.168.xxx. How do I get kodi show me the piblic one?
Thread moved to OS independent
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-01-27, 17:42)DarrenHill Wrote: Thread moved to OS independent

Ok thanks. Sorry my bad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPaddress not changing0