Apple Movie Trailer script not working for me
Hay,
I know you should confirm that you use the latest copy of XBMC before asking questions, however I can't find where it say what the latest copy is. The one I'm using is compiled on Oct 15, 2007, which makes it pretty new. But it still carries the old XBMC-logo thus I expect it might be an old one. But as I said before, I don't know how to confirm this.

But in case it is a new version, my problem is this:
My XBMC won't play any scripts. If I click one it says running for a second but nothing happens. This is paticulairy a problem with the Apple movie trailers, cause I used to use that one a lot.

How to solve this, please?
Upgrade to a newer version. Builds are done weekly. So unless you've installed it within the last 7 days you can be sure you are out of date. Use google to find current builds.
are the scripts newer than your build?

the latest amt from svn does require a current xbmc, by that something that was built this year 2008.

look at the scripts debug window for any errors.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Okay, I've updated my XBMC to the 2008 build (though it still carries the ulgy old XBMC-logo, why is that?), but the script still doesn't work.
The debug window says that there is a problem with the default.py in line 19: unable to get modification time from: "language.py"
I have no idea how to update to a newer script, but shouldn't this XBMC already have the newest scripts?
what language is xbmc set to?
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Nuka1195 Wrote:what language is xbmc set to?

English
The FAQ says specifically not to install XBMC on the C: drive, but mine is. I don't suppose that is the problem?
Quote:though it still carries the ulgy old XBMC-logo, why is that?

What do you mean by this? I suspect you have an older version than you think. Do a debug log and paste to pastebin.com
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:What do you mean by this? I suspect you have an older version than you think. Do a debug log and paste to pastebin.com
I took a closer look and the font did change for the better, but its still in the circle.
I took a picture of it with my phone since I have no idea how to make and paste a debug log.
VortexV Wrote:The FAQ says specifically not to install XBMC on the C: drive, but mine is. I don't suppose that is the problem?
Install XBMC on the E: partition just to rule it out in any case.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Gamester17 Wrote:Install XBMC on the E: partition just to rule it out in any case.

I don't know how to. Just copy the entire C: patition to the E: patition won't work I assume.
VortexV Wrote:I don't know how to. Just copy the entire C: patition to the E: patition won't work I assume.
No, just the XBMC folder then create a shortcut for it, read the manual for HOW-TO install XBMC as your dashboard.
Gamester17 Wrote:No, just the XBMC folder then create a shortcut for it, read the manual for HOW-TO install XBMC as your dashboard.

I see. But I don't have anything but XBMC on my C patition. And C: still has 375MB of free space. So I am pretty sure that the C patition isn't the problem. And everything except for the scripts is working.
So, I'd rather not move my XBMC copy since I fear I might do something wrong. Unless you don't see any other option.
rather than moving it, why don't you create a fresh copy of XBMC in the apps folder on your E drive, then you can run it as an applicaiton from inside your current (booting) copy of XBMC that's giving you trouble. then you can test it out and see how it works for you and it it's no better just reboot and you're back to normal, no harm done. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Movie Trailer script not working for me0