v17 Pulling hair out w/ 4K and I'm already bald!
Ok, I tried all the suggestions that were laid out for me last night with the exception of upgrading the OS. I can't because there is no real viable Cablecard solution for Win10. The S.O. uses the HTPC as a DVR and Time Warner/Spectrum has pretty much every channel labeled as "copy once". So, I'm stuck on Win7 until someone comes out with a DRM solution for Win10.

The results are as follows:

When setting the resolution to 4096x2160@60hz, I can not go any higher then 8bit Output Color Depth on the GPU. 12 is not select able for me. I'm using the current drivers because I downloaded them from the Nvidia website when I put the card into the HTPC. Previously I was watching videos via the Intel HD4000 HDMI.

When taking the AVR out of the equation, the TV will turn on to its "native resolution" of 4096x2160. (When the AVR is back in the equation, the TV turns on to it's "Native resolution" of 1080p. Odd?) Attempting play a .mkv that played fine with the AVR into the scenario results in the same, no issue. Attempting to play a video file that was giving me issues with dropped frames, still the same result, dropped frames and the CPU filling up to 100% and Kodi reporting it to be a "software decode" instead of "hardware decode". Tried another 4k file, same result, Kodi reporting back 100% CPU, software decoding and dropped frames. So out of the three 4K video files I have, only one works, the one that worked before without an issue.

These are the containers for the video files, the one on the left of the screenshot will not play properly, the one on the right does:

Kodi process info for 4K video file that has no issue playing:

Kodi process info for 4K video file that will not play:

Now if I select "Adjust refresh rate to match on Start/Stop" within Kodi, NONE of my 4K files will play nor will 1080p play. Not sure what causes this but I've never been able to have that adjustment "on", even before I upgraded to the new TV + GPU.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pulling hair out w/ 4K and I'm already bald! - by Usafle - 2017-01-30, 15:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pulling hair out w/ 4K and I'm already bald!0