v17 Pulling hair out w/ 4K and I'm already bald!
(2017-01-30, 23:18)brazen1 Wrote: Your screenshots are correct. 60Hz (Desktop mode) with match refresh rate off and 24Hz (Video mode) with match refresh rate on. I do not see the word 'Native' in the resolution choices though? It should show that idle or playing video. You/we need to figure out why that is not displaying. I'm assuming you're not using a conflict of code in an advancedsetting.xml or something?

You could back up your Kodi install and use a fresh install of v.17 to eliminate any conflicts resulting from add-ons or configs. You could also test using a different player like MPC-HC (64bit if your system is 64bit) or VLC and eliminate Kodi player as culprit.

Testing with the AVR now is confusing for all of us. Concentrate on getting good video playback now from your GPU to your panel first.
Play jellyfish. Press 'O'. You should see Hardware Decoding Active, 3840x2160 at 23.976 and it should be smooth with an acceptable amount of judder due to the nature of that panel. Your described slow-mo is something completely different. Let's make sure the GPU is at least hardware decoding using ALL the settings we've suggested. If it's not, I think your GPU is defective although highly unlikely if you just got it.

Obtain your drivers from here and do a clean custom install. http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverRes...4351/en-us
I'm concerned about the word 'Native' missing in your resolution choices. I assume that means your GPU cannot determine what your native res is? Either for driver confusion (doubtful) or HDMI handshake issue (probable). After reinstalling driver, reboot with panel on. If GPU still does not show the word 'native' in res choices, unplug the HDMI and plug it back in. You haven't done any pin 19 tricks or anything have you? Perhaps obvious to us but not yourself, are you using high speed HDMI cables? You are going HDMI to HDMI from GPU to panel? No splitters, no DP ports, etc.? You are playing the file local, not served?

Outside of this, I think you need W10. Can't diagnose 7 for you. Most of us are using 10. Fairly certain that is the culprit. If there's any 7 users successfully rendering high bitrate HEVC, maybe they could pipe in? Intel, AMD, or Nvidia.

Post a debug log also. Perhaps there's something obvious we or an experienced dev will notice if they happen upon this thread.

Sorry, I took those screen grabs when I had the AVR plugged in. I can assure you that with the AVR unplugged, I have NATIVE directly next to 3840x2160p@60hz.
From now on I will leave the AVR out of all my testing until we can get further along with this issue.

Playing the "jellyfish" file from direct connect to TV via Kodi results in the same issue. 100% CPU and 100% player cache. It still uses software decoding.
Again, this is direct to TV, no AVR:
Well kodi just crashed on me when attempting to play the Jellyfish file again and now it won't restart. I'm going to have to reboot the computer to get it back up.

No splitters, no ports, no HDMI pin trick. Nothing. Using Best Buy branded "Rocketfish" 2K HDMI cables:

CRAP!

I just looked up the Product info at Amazon for these cables. The freaking salesman at BB lied? I see NOTHING on the item description on Amazon that says ANYTHING about 2K support.

In fact, the only thing I do see is this:
Quote:Compatible with HDMI components: For wide-ranging use. Supports 1080p resolution, Deep Color, Lip Sync, 3D TV, 7.1 surround sound, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, HDMI Ethernet Channel (HEC), Audio Return Channel (ARC) and most screen refresh rates.
Connects an HDMI source to an HDTV or projector with an HDMI input: To ensure excellent video and audio signals.
Up to 15 Gbps bandwidth: For maximum performance.
[/size]

Is it possible we have been doing all of this work for nothing because some pimply faced idiot teenager at Best Buy sold me the wrong freaking cables?!?!?!?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pulling hair out w/ 4K and I'm already bald! - by Usafle - 2017-01-31, 02:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pulling hair out w/ 4K and I'm already bald!0