Blue Iris Security cam Add-on?
Ive done a bunch of searching and cant find anything that shows support for Blue Iris Security Software?

Ideal add-on would...

- Main screen shows all 10 of my cams
- User could select one to show full screen.
- support for Blue Iris to send HTTP request when motion detected to show overlay (small popup) on Kodi screen for that one camera.
-- similar effect shown here... http://www.lachlangabb.com/?p=259

Anything like this exist? Or anyone interested in making?

thx
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Thread moved to add-on requests
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Have you tried http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=240768
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-29, 00:41)nickr Wrote: Have you tried http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=240768

From what I read on the first post, that add-on only works direct and to Foscam cameras, and only 4 cams.

I posted in the thread asking for some clarification but does look like that is going to fit my needs.
bump
Bump why?

Get developing!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-09-11, 06:03)nickr Wrote: Bump why?

Get developing!
Exactly.. lol

Is there really a need for a blue iris kodi addon?

* And I don't think kodi will pop up anything but a notice msg. Not a live feed image or video that I am aware of. yeh?
* And my blue iris is running on a seperate windows pc.. with it's own monitor so that I can view it at ALL times.
- so yeh.. don't mess around me place.. all me cams have got u.. hehe... lol!

*BUT* I may have an alternative solution instead.
* Blue Iris is for PC Only... So you must be controlling Kodi from another way. Like an Android phone or IOS and etc?
* For Android and IOS: Use: IP Cam Viewer. and it works with blue iris. by: Robert Chou. (free version available.)
* Problem solved.. no kodi addon even needed now. eh? hehe...
* But Note: I only viewed all my cams on android and ios.. for u may need the pro version to get motion alert pop ups.. unsure.
.. so unsure of that.. I didn't really need alert pop ups at the time.. for my blue iris has it's own monitor screen.
I was using the app back then to adjust my tv antenna. Aim cam at tv signal percent on tv screen.. see it on phone. adjust tv antenna as needed.
So that was a big help in adjusting my tv antenna %percentage indeed. worked very nicely.
But either way.. IP Cam Viewer (free) will indeed load all of your blue iris cams on ur mobile devices.

Hope that helps any blue iris users.

Oh.. and blue iris is basically your own pc home security system.:
- Turn any pc into a security cam system. using any cams that can connect to a pc.
- And you can remotly connect to it as well.. just set your router firewall settings...
I hope this helps:

I use BlueIris with Kodi as well and would love to see an official addon, I have however been pretty impressed with the integration that exists with the new pretty web interface UI3. This can be completely controlled by keyboard shortcuts. I use the chrome launcher addon in kodi to launch the site by using a button press mapped to that. It launches the camera view full screen in kiosk mode. I can navigate through groups by using the ff rw buttons on my MCE remote and using the channel up and down I can load full screen any camera. I also asked the dev for a couple additional options/hotkey mappings including toggle mute hotkey and auto play video when viewing clips and alerts. These options were quickly added. This makes the whole experience fully controllable with my remote on my TV. On my MCE remote I have with green button mapped to Cntrl-M (I think) which will close the chrome window and return you kodi.

I also use another addon called Security cam overlay. Which basically pops up picture in picture type of overlay of a camera. It uses jpg refresh which is okay, and it used to work well with blueiris in earlier versions however In recent versions I have found that each refresh opens a new session and can quickly overrun your sessions in blueiris. I even had a modified version of the addon which I could pass a JSON value from my home automation system to trigger the addon and specify the camera as parameter when certain triggers happened. Since realizing the issue I have since copied the addon and renamed the addon so that I basically have multiple versions of the same addon and configured each addon to point directly to the cameras that support jpg refresh instead of point to the NVR. I have an addon in my home automation system for kodi and for blue iris as well so I trigger these addons to show the driveway camera, when motion is detected in the driveway or of the gate opens, etc...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blue Iris Security cam Add-on?0