An announcement on the future of reFocus (updated)
How long before us mere mortals with have something to see, regarding Grid?

I'm eager to see if I will be retiring ReFocus in favour of your new flavour!
(2017-05-05, 11:51)lstar337 Wrote: How long before us mere mortals with have something to see, regarding Grid?

Hard to say, but hopefully soon! Beta testing has started yesterday, so it depends on how well that goes and how much time I need to fix issues coming out of that Smile
(2017-05-08, 08:43)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-05-05, 11:51)lstar337 Wrote: How long before us mere mortals with have something to see, regarding Grid?

Hard to say, but hopefully soon! Beta testing has started yesterday, so it depends on how well that goes and how much time I need to fix issues coming out of that Smile

Where can I download the beta?
(2017-07-05, 09:44)mystik Wrote:
(2017-05-08, 08:43)Jeroen Wrote:

You can't. It's a private beta at the moment.
(2017-07-05, 09:49)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-07-05, 09:44)mystik Wrote:
(2017-05-08, 08:43)Jeroen Wrote: Hard to say, but hopefully soon! Beta testing has started yesterday, so it depends on how well that goes and how much time I need to fix issues coming out of that Smile

You can't. It's a private beta at the moment.

Ah, okay. If you'd like another private beta tester, I would be interested to check it out.
Jeroen, I know you're not working on ReFocus for Krypton at the moment (or maybe ever Undecided ), but should i be able to add home screen images? That feature appears to be missing.

Also the screen calibration is missing the arrows to line up the screen edges, and the 'watched' indicators seem to be missing.

Other than that it seems very stable and almost finished.
(2017-07-14, 15:37)lstar337 Wrote: Jeroen, I know you're not working on ReFocus for Krypton at the moment (or maybe ever Undecided ), but should i be able to add home screen images? That feature appears to be missing.

Also the screen calibration is missing the arrows to line up the screen edges, and the 'watched' indicators seem to be missing.

Other than that it seems very stable and almost finished.

Yeah, you'll need to go into skin settings->homescreen->customise your home screen and you'll be able to set backgrounds.

I'm not seeing anything wrong with the screen calibration Huh

Unwatched indicators re showing for me too (make sure they aren's disabled in skin settings->view settings->Disable now playing overlays (a dialog will pop up where you can make multiple selections)

Psstt
(2017-07-15, 22:04)Jeroen Wrote: Yeah, you'll need to go into skin settings->homescreen->customise your home screen and you'll be able to set backgrounds.
Not sure if you are running a different version than me (can't even check as my about page has no version number Undecided), but it isn't there.
Jarvis version:

New version:

Option to 'select background' seems to be missing.

(2017-07-15, 22:04)Jeroen Wrote: I'm not seeing anything wrong with the screen calibration Huh

Hmmm.... Mine doesn't show the top left/bottom right "L" shapes, or the square, or the subtitle position.

Jarvis version:

New version:

(2017-07-15, 22:04)Jeroen Wrote: Unwatched indicators re showing for me too (make sure they aren's disabled in skin settings->view settings->Disable now playing overlays (a dialog will pop up where you can make multiple selections)
Quite right! I was looking for "watched indicators" in the settings and couldn't find it. Now I know it is under "now playing overlays" I have turned them all back on.

Sorry to be beating this like a dead horse when you are clearly trying to move on, it's just I have added an Rpi3 to my setup (which is using LibreELEC/Krypton) and I don't want to let go of ReFocus just yet. We have a daughter with autism spectrum condition, and she doesn't handle change well. ReFocus is what she is used to, so I would like to keep it the same until I can transition her more smoothly.
(2017-07-17, 12:14)Jeroen Wrote:

Psstt
Looking nice. I like the overall feel of it.

Would have liked to have seen smaller (with more on screen at the same time) posters in slide view. They look a little big to me and the text below looks a little small. I fear the text may be too small to read from across the room, but I'll reserve judgement until I can see it on my TV. (hint hint Wink)

Still, that could all be the least of my worries as my Rpi3 doesn't seem to like streaming over SMB for quite a few things, it just breaks up and loses sound. Sad
Your images aren't showing up for me..

This is where you should be able to set the background:

You can check the version number in the system information screen in the "Kodi" section. This however is not a very reliable way, as it doesn't get bumped whenever I update something on Github. When in doubt I would suggest just pulling the latest from Github.

(2017-07-19, 16:29)lstar337 Wrote: Not
Sorry to be beating this like a dead horse when you are clearly trying to move on, it's just I have added an Rpi3 to my setup (which is using LibreELEC/Krypton) and I don't want to let go of ReFocus just yet. We have a daughter with autism spectrum condition, and she doesn't handle change well. ReFocus is what she is used to, so I would like to keep it the same until I can transition her more smoothly.
No worries. Just because development has stopped doesn't mean I can't / won't try to help you out with what is already / still here Wink
(2017-07-19, 16:47)lstar337 Wrote: Would have liked to have seen smaller (with more on screen at the same time) posters in slide view. They look a little big to me and the text below looks a little small. I fear the text may be too small to read from across the room, but I'll reserve judgement until I can see it on my TV. (hint hint Wink)
Yeah they are a bit big, but that's kind of what I like about it Smile But I do have plans to add a smaller version of this view (or possibly a two row version) later on.

Quote:Still, that could all be the least of my worries as my Rpi3 doesn't seem to like streaming over SMB for quite a few things, it just breaks up and loses sound. Sad
Hmm, that sucks. I have been enjoying my Rpi3, it chugs along nicely Smile Maybe a complete wipe and reinstall? Or try a different SD?
(2017-07-19, 17:33)Jeroen Wrote: Your images aren't showing up for me..

This is where you should be able to set the background:
Sadly that option is not there for me. Mine goes straight from 'Customise submenu' to 'Choose widget' Sad

(2017-07-19, 17:33)Jeroen Wrote: You can check the version number in the system information screen in the "Kodi" section. This however is not a very reliable way, as it doesn't get bumped whenever I update something on Github. When in doubt I would suggest just pulling the latest from Github.
OK, mine says 4.0.2 I got the latest yesterday.

(2017-07-19, 17:33)Jeroen Wrote: No worries. Just because development has stopped doesn't mean I can't / won't try to help you out with what is already / still here Wink
I appreciate that. Thank you.
Does this one show up?

The last one was a dropbox link so it may not have worked right.
(2017-07-19, 17:38)Jeroen Wrote: Hmm, that sucks. I have been enjoying my Rpi3, it chugs along nicely Smile Maybe a complete wipe and reinstall? Or try a different SD?
I know you are not here for Rpi support, but do you think a different SD would make a difference when it is only streaming over SAMBA?

I only used an old card, It didn't occur to me that it would make any difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
An announcement on the future of reFocus (updated)1