An announcement on the future of reFocus (updated)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeroen Offline
Skilled Skinner
Your images aren't showing up for me..

This is where you should be able to set the background:
[Image: tDR70Al.png]

You can check the version number in the system information screen in the "Kodi" section. This however is not a very reliable way, as it doesn't get bumped whenever I update something on Github. When in doubt I would suggest just pulling the latest from Github.

(2017-07-19 16:29)lstar337 Wrote:  Not
Sorry to be beating this like a dead horse when you are clearly trying to move on, it's just I have added an Rpi3 to my setup (which is using LibreELEC/Krypton) and I don't want to let go of ReFocus just yet. We have a daughter with autism spectrum condition, and she doesn't handle change well. ReFocus is what she is used to, so I would like to keep it the same until I can transition her more smoothly.
No worries. Just because development has stopped doesn't mean I can't / won't try to help you out with what is already / still here Wink
(This post was last modified: 2017-07-19 17:34 by Jeroen.)
find quote
Jeroen Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2017-07-19 16:47)lstar337 Wrote:  Would have liked to have seen smaller (with more on screen at the same time) posters in slide view. They look a little big to me and the text below looks a little small. I fear the text may be too small to read from across the room, but I'll reserve judgement until I can see it on my TV. (hint hint Wink)
Yeah they are a bit big, but that's kind of what I like about it Smile But I do have plans to add a smaller version of this view (or possibly a two row version) later on.

Quote:Still, that could all be the least of my worries as my Rpi3 doesn't seem to like streaming over SMB for quite a few things, it just breaks up and loses sound. Sad
Hmm, that sucks. I have been enjoying my Rpi3, it chugs along nicely Smile Maybe a complete wipe and reinstall? Or try a different SD?
find quote
lstar337 Offline
(2017-07-19 17:33)Jeroen Wrote:  Your images aren't showing up for me..

This is where you should be able to set the background:
[Image: tDR70Al.png]
Sadly that option is not there for me. Mine goes straight from 'Customise submenu' to 'Choose widget' Sad

(2017-07-19 17:33)Jeroen Wrote:  You can check the version number in the system information screen in the "Kodi" section. This however is not a very reliable way, as it doesn't get bumped whenever I update something on Github. When in doubt I would suggest just pulling the latest from Github.
OK, mine says 4.0.2 I got the latest yesterday.

(2017-07-19 17:33)Jeroen Wrote:  No worries. Just because development has stopped doesn't mean I can't / won't try to help you out with what is already / still here Wink
I appreciate that. Thank you.
find quote
lstar337 Offline
Does this one show up?

[Image: screenshot001.png]

The last one was a dropbox link so it may not have worked right.
find quote
lstar337 Offline
(2017-07-19 17:38)Jeroen Wrote:  Hmm, that sucks. I have been enjoying my Rpi3, it chugs along nicely Smile Maybe a complete wipe and reinstall? Or try a different SD?
I know you are not here for Rpi support, but do you think a different SD would make a difference when it is only streaming over SAMBA?

I only used an old card, It didn't occur to me that it would make any difference.
find quote
Jeroen Offline
Skilled Skinner
The picture is showing now, tough loading really slowly Smile

Spotted a visibility condition that doesn't seem right/needed which should probably fix this for you. The problem should have only manifested itself when the fanart grabber add-on is not installed.

Grab the update from Github, hopefully that solves it.
find quote
Jeroen Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2017-07-19 18:30)lstar337 Wrote:  
(2017-07-19 17:38)Jeroen Wrote:  Hmm, that sucks. I have been enjoying my Rpi3, it chugs along nicely Smile Maybe a complete wipe and reinstall? Or try a different SD?
I know you are not here for Rpi support, but do you think a different SD would make a difference when it is only streaming over SAMBA?

I only used an old card, It didn't occur to me that it would make any difference.

Maybe not necessarily the SD card, but maybe something in your install is borked. Trying out a clean install on another card will at least tell you if it is, without losing your current install
find quote
lstar337 Offline
Cheers Jereon, I'll give it a go.
find quote