No sound with AAC Kodi 17.0 RC3
Hi
I have this problem with my Kodi / Librelec.

Kodi Version:
20:02:17.362 T:140301973706880 NOTICE: Starting Kodi (17.0-RC3 Git:4d93228). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit
20:02:17.362 T:140301973706880 NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x64 build
20:02:17.362 T:140301973706880 NOTICE: Kodi compiled Jan 16 2017 by GCC 6.2.0 for Linux x86 64-bit version 4.9.3 (264451)

Librelec
LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.95.1 BETA.

Other Equipment:
Pioneer SC-LX57
Panasonic TV.

The setup is done in way that all equipment will connect into the Pioneer Amplifier and I use it as Pass through.

Problem:
When i watch files with AAC in stereo there is no sound. If i change the setting from 5.1 to 2.0 the sound works. Does anyone else has this problem and would anyone be able to help.

Thank you
I also find this, but not sure i fully understand the content.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ranscoding

"turns out the Number of channels setting in audio output is for the PCM channels and not the number of speakers you have set up."

Can someone please provide further information what this exactly means in English ? Big Grin
How is your kodi machine connected to the amp?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr all is connected via HDMI. So TV -- > Amp, Kodi -> Amp etc.
I spent some time to RTFM and found more information. However I must admit this is a bit confusing.

"Select the number of Channels supported by the audio Connection, or the number of speakers if connected by analogue connections. This setting does not apply to pass-through audio. Note S/PDIF supports 2.0 channels only but can still output multichannel audio using a format support by passthrough." Now while it is clear that i should not change this option it also does say "Number of channel supported by audio connection". I am sure that there are some developers. If one of you could be kind and explain this a bit better for me i would appreciate it very much.

PS: as change and workaround, team Kodi could when turning on Passthrough this setting could turn to 2.0 automatic?
If you are passing through SPDIF you should set to 2 channels.

If you are passing through HDMI to an AMP that supports it, you should set to the number of speakers your AMP has, usually 5.1 or 7.1.

SPDIF has a smaller bandwidth than HDMI. SPDIF will handle 2 PCM channels, or 5.1 compressed channels via DTS or AC3. DTS and AC3 are compressed within the 2 PCM channels, so "2" is the right number.

AAC is never passed through. No AMPs support it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi Nickr,
Thank you for getting back to me. This is the exact point i make. My amp support 5.1 and is only 2-3 years old. However I noticed that if I have 5.1 it does not work when I use AAC. Now I am passing through the sound to the amp and the AMP is managing all the sound.

"This setting does not apply to pass-through audio" extract from above. So I ran a test with DTS-HD and it seems to be working with 2.0 so very confused about this.
DTS-HD has a core of DTS.

Anyway can you post a debug log (wiki)?
nickr....I get this done this wknd if that is ok.
solved

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound with AAC Kodi 17.0 RC30