Win Can't find MediaPortal PVR Client on Krypton RC4 (Windows 10)
Hi Guys,

I've looked through the various threads and can't find if this has already been asked but I'm using Kodi rc4 on my media player and also mediaportal 2.1 for the tv server also on the same media player. The MediaPortal_2_1_TVServerKodi_plugin_rev137 for Kodi works fine as it's showing up in the tv server plugins section ok.
The problem seems to be that I can't find a mediaportal pvr addon in Kodi 17 rc4. Is it possible to download this pvr addon using a source url in Kodi.

Thanks
I've updated to a recent Kodi 18 nightly build on Windows 10, and I also don't have any PVR client plugins available to install. This is odd, because the LibreElec for Raspberry Pi nightly builds have this add-on, so there isn't any fundamental reason why it can't work.

Best wishes,

Mark
Hi Mark.

Kodi 17 rc4 has quite a few pvr client addons but not the mediaportal pvr one. I've since discovered that I can't download it from a source(url)(repository)
as the file is a binary file and isn't compiled using python, therefore it has to be 'built' into Kodi. I think I've got that right, so maybe the only way to resolve this is for it to be included into the next update. Should think this may apply in your situation also Mark.
Does anybody if there's a current fix for this or will it be resolved in the next update.
Thanks for your reply Mark.
Just downloaded Kodi 17-rc4 for Windows and the plugin is there. During the installation it is included in the PVR addons list and after that it is also included in Kodi itself. The version number should be 2.4.16.
After extracting the installer with 7-zip I'm 100% sure it is there under: addons\pvr.mediaportal.tvserver
The installer MD5SUM is 5e09eddfe791714afb1aef00e8f571a9.

Can you check if the following folder exists on your PC?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\pvr.mediaportal.tvserver
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Hi Margro,

It's not in the Kodi addons pvr client list.
Also the folder exists but no pvr.mediaportal.tvserver is in it.
You say that during installation it is included in the PVR addons list and after that it's included in Kodi itself. Is there an option for ticking the pvr addons during first installation so maybe it was unticked.
Should I reinstall Kodi 17 rc4 again and check this list as I don't remember it.
What do you think.
Hi Margro,

Well your so right, I extracted the kodi .exe using 7-zip and the pvr.mediaportal tvserver was there in the pvr addons folder and is version 2.4.16.
I re-installed Kodi and it's now in the pvr clients.
I extracted the other Kodi 17 rc4.exe I had just to check them out and they were ok as well
That's so strange, well it's fixed now thanks to you margro much appreciated. Big Grin
For the nightly builds, the file size in the most recent three builds is 21MB smaller, and doesn't give the option to install the PVR plugins.
Hi Mark,

So are you saying that when the Windows 10 nightly builds based on Kodi 17 are installed there are no pvr addons included in the completed installation or is it just no option during installation.
What is the difference between the nightly builds and the Kodi 17 RC4 which works fine with the mediaportal 2.1 tv server, so why use a nightly build? just curious as I've never used one.

Regards
I'm using the Kodi 18 nightly builds!
Nightly build include whatever work was done that day, some things work some things don't. Eventually, when everything works pretty well, that one will become a release. If you don't know what a nightly is it is best not to use one, they are experiments.

The Kodi download page has an installer for "release" and one for "nightly". Most nightlies do not include pvr addons, usually if you start out with a release then go to a nightly they will stay with you.
(2017-01-29, 22:02)donbrew Wrote: Nightly build include whatever work was done that day, some things work some things don't. Eventually, when everything works pretty well, that one will become a release. If you don't know what a nightly is it is best not to use one, they are experiments.

The Kodi download page has an installer for "release" and one for "nightly". Most nightlies do not include pvr addons, usually if you start out with a release then go to a nightly they will stay with you.

I do understand this. However, when I start out with a release and install one of the nightly builds from the last couple of days, the PVR add-ons disappear.

I am used to software development, but it's so rare that the PVR add-ons disappear like this that it cause me out.
Yes sorry Mark you did say you used a v18 nightly build in an earlier post.

Hi donbrew,
From your post I now remember the details on nightly builds although the pvr addons was new to me. also not the most stable but good for fault finding.
I'll stick to the release version.

This is such a good forum, everyones so helpful, thanks all.
FYI the last succesful master build (v18) indicates that the PVR addons are built succesfully.
See: Jenkins.
Not 100% sure if this also means that they will be included again in the coming nightly since I don't know what the reason is that they were missing.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
The 29th Jan build is back up to normal size, so I guess it includes PVR plugins. I will check!

Edit: yes, all back to normal!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't find MediaPortal PVR Client on Krypton RC4 (Windows 10)0