Coordinating list controls
I am trying to coordinate two list controls, on the same page, and not sure how to go about it. I would like to:
- have a vertical list, list A, that displays, lets say, 10 labels on the screen
- have a second vertical list, list B, that displays a single poster on the screen
- the contents of list B should be the same as list A but because I am creating a view and list A is auto populating, based on the view's id, it is not clear to me how to populate list B
- when list A moves from item N to N+1 or N-1 list B should do the same
- when list B moves from item N to N+1 or N-1 list A should do the same

hopefully that explains it. If not let me know and I'll try to provide more details Any suggestions would be appreciated...
draw list A as normal, ie container 50, then you could make the poster a button, say id=10001 [http://kodi.wiki/view/Button_control]
then add controls to A, onleft=10001 onright=10001

use the container(50).listitem(0).poster and control.move(50,-1) control.move(50,1) onup,ondown via button. onleft=50 on right=50

Code:
Control.Move(id,offset)     Will make a Container with the "id" specified in the command move focus by "offset".
(2017-01-30, 09:23)badaas Wrote: draw list A as normal, ie container 50, then you could make the poster a button, say id=10001 [http://kodi.wiki/view/Button_control]

use the container(50).listitem(0).poster and control.move(50,-1) control.move(50,1) onup,ondown via button. onleft=50 on right=50

Code:
Control.Move(id,offset)     Will make a Container with the "id" specified in the command move focus by "offset".

---

Thanks badass. This is exactly what I was looking for, as far as being able to coordinate the focused list items, but I also want listB to have the scrolling transition/animation behavior that comes along with a list - the transition will serve as a visual queue that will be important, from a usability/discovery perspective. Any thoughts on how I could achieve this?

to be clear - when a user transitions from listA item0 to listA item1 listA will display an animated transition. I would like see a coordinated animated transition in listB. I would not be able to easily achieve this using a button control, at least not that I can think of.
(2017-01-30, 17:25)davidthomps Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 09:23)badaas Wrote: draw list A as normal, ie container 50, then you could make the poster a button, say id=10001 [http://kodi.wiki/view/Button_control]

Code:

---

Thanks badass. This is exactly what I was looking for, as far as being able to coordinate the focused list items, but I also want listB to have the scrolling transition/animation behavior that comes along with a list - the transition will serve as a visual queue that will be important, from a usability/discovery perspective. Any thoughts on how I could achieve this?

to be clear - when a user transitions from listA item0 to listA item1 listA will display an animated transition. I would like see a coordinated animated transition in listB. I would not be able to easily achieve this using a button control, at least not that I can think of.

Look at Container(X).OnNext and Container(X).OnPrevious to control animation of button.

OR you could maybe make a wraplist using Container(X).listitem(-1) Container(X).listitem(0) Container(X).listitem(1) as the <content><item>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Coordinating list controls0