lost
Sad 
I am 100% new to this... sorry for seeming dumb...

I understand possible reasons why some info is not clear or easy to find... But now that I have kodi installed, I have no clue what I need to do next to just watch what I got this to watch. The how to install for iMac was great. No probs. But then nothing says what I need... 3rd party repos (btw the first post collection for that forum is full of 404 pages, one after another)... pvr... I have no idea what a per is!

I am not an idiot, I just walked away from mainstream tv several years ago so I never bothered having a tivo or any of that. I don't even OWN a tv. I have been watching free stuff online - free documentary sites and lots of youtube. I just want kodi so i can watch a few things I miss or couldn't see in theatres etc.

I understand why some content sites or whatever might not be clearly labeled. But I need to know how to figure out what I need to go get. To watch a show that still airs, but I want to see about 2 years of back episodes, what do I need to add? a 3rd party repo? If so... how do i figure out what one will do what I need? How do i avoid having to go through dozens of 404 errors to find one?

So I just need to know the basic info so I can figure out the rest myself. The how to section assumes we all know this, and well, we all don't. I just wanto to watch a couple of things now and then using the iMac.

Helpful responses much appreciated..
My guess is that you won't get the answers you're looking for here. Piracy addons are not supported in this forum and any discussion of them will be quickly trashed by the mods. forum rules (wiki)

There are a few addons in the official repo for viewing free content. Official_add-on_repository (wiki)

Kodi's primary purpose is to allow the playback of locally stored media. It doesn't sound like it will serve your needs IMO.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
First time user (wiki) and free content (wiki) would be good places to start.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
lost0