what do you do when you start Kodi?
In the kitchen I go straight to the PVR (I press a button on the remote which wakes my TV server and starts the last channel that was playing). In the lounge I usually know what I want to watch beforehand so I go to my library or I might go on YouTube or watch a PVR recording. I've used Kodi and a TV server (TVheadend to start with then switched to Mediaportal) for a long time now, it's excellent and I love the constant improvements in functionality and performance.
Reading you all comments are making me want to get a homerunhd tuner...Just seems cool to have full integration if OTA or cable along side your personal library... With the TV Tuner in Kodi if you setup a kid profile can you restrict the channels from the tuner as well?
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
I think this depends on the backend you are using. I know that with tvheadend you can create user profiles server side and restrict them to certain things. You then can use this profile in the Kodi add-on to connect to the tvh backend. So it should only import the channels this particular user has access to. I never tried that though and I think other backends offer the same.
If this is not working, you still should be able to limited the available channels via Kodis channel manager, but I also never tried that tbh.
I guess in general at least in my area now that I think about there aren't really any over the air channels that would need to be restricted from kids.. it's ashamed there isn't at least to my knowledge a way to get dish or directtv to merge into kodi that would make the perfect union for everything media...All in one frontend... One program to get to all things entertainment movie games that would be a dream come true.
I go to my movies and look at the covers (again) - I love Movie box art. I then go down to the "randomly selected" (an ingenious setting) and watch one of the thousands of movies I have.

Prior to this setting, I would go into this catatonic state of looking at a movie, debating if I want to see it, then moving to the next ... 3 hours later and haven't watched a thing. Drove my wife crazy.

Now I just play a "random" movie and Im watching my collection again (instead of observing it).
Speaking of box art have you seen or found any box art for the best buy Popart movies..
I use Kodi as my OTA default, using a Mediaportal backend, so the wife has an easy guide to view but my Netflix account and Amazon Prime account are easily accessible from the main menu and local radio channels are also available (again, through the Mediaportal backend). Or if my 8-year old nephew is around, I have a launcher setup so he can access his youtube gaming channels from one spot.

So to me, Kodi really is a one-stop place for all my entertainment needs.

Dave
OTA Live TV watching and DVR recordings.
My roommate does the exact same thing every day and every time she launches Kodi.

She watches A Nero Wolfe Mystery, Season 1 Episode 1 "The Doorbell Rang", eve-ry-day. Like, all days, every single day.
the same show everyday?
(2017-02-15, 01:44)Gorbulan Wrote: My roommate does the exact same thing every day and every time she launches Kodi.

She watches A Nero Wolfe Mystery, Season 1 Episode 1 "The Doorbell Rang", eve-ry-day. Like, all days, every single day.

Really? Then she might also like Groundhog Day and Fifty first dates ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what do you do when you start Kodi?0