Problem in Sort order for files.
I am using Kodi 16.1 Jarvis.

When I list the files for Titles, I want the the names starting with "The" to come at end along with other words starting with "T". But it is not happening.

Ex:
Abduction
The Accidental Husband
Ace Ventura - Pet Detective
etc.

What I want to see is :
Abduction
Ace Ventura - Pet Detective
The Accidental Husband

Is there any way of achieving this result?
I think there is a setting for that in Kodi 17 but do not know if it was already there in kodi 16.1

Try to find a setting named "ignore articles when sorting" and put it off (you may have to be on expert level to see it)
Moanbag is in da place!
Thread moved to OS independent
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It is there in v16, but I don't have a v16 box anymore to check the location. In v17 go to Media Settings -> General. Enable Ignore Articles When Sorting. You can add additional tokens to ignore in the advancedsettings.xml file. If you do that, I think you have to include everything you want to ignore, not just the ones that aren't default.
Code:
    <sorttokens>
        <token>the</token>
        <token>a</token>
        <token>an</token>
    </sorttokens>
(2017-02-02, 02:12)pkscout Wrote: It is there in v16, but I don't have a v16 box anymore to check the location. In v17 go to Media Settings -> General. Enable Ignore Articles When Sorting. You can add additional tokens to ignore in the advancedsettings.xml file. If you do that, I think you have to include everything you want to ignore, not just the ones that aren't default.
Code:
    <sorttokens>
        <token>the</token>
        <token>a</token>
        <token>an</token>
    </sorttokens>

Seems like you understand the question the wrong way (or is it me?)
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-02-02, 02:57)Gracus Wrote:
(2017-02-02, 02:12)pkscout Wrote: It is there in v16, but I don't have a v16 box anymore to check the location. In v17 go to Media Settings -> General. Enable Ignore Articles When Sorting. You can add additional tokens to ignore in the advancedsettings.xml file. If you do that, I think you have to include everything you want to ignore, not just the ones that aren't default.
Code:
    <sorttokens>
        <token>the</token>
        <token>a</token>
        <token>an</token>
    </sorttokens>

Seems like you understand the question the wrong way (or is it me?)

Nope. I'm the idiot in this case. You can be the idiot next time. Wink SO, just make sure that setting I mentioned is off. But then all the "the" things will be in the T section. If you want articles to be at the bottom of, say, the 'A' list, that isn't an option.
Thanks. With the contributor's help I found the solution in 16.1.

I am using the Amber skin, and I traversed to the menu

Settings-Appearance-File Lists.

Here the option "Ignore Articles when sorting" was enabled. I disabled the option and checked the results and got what I wanted.

By the way the "File Lists" menu was not available in BASIC, but was there in STANDARD, ADVANCED AND EXPERT levels.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem in Sort order for files.0