• 1(current)
Logitech Harmony Elite to work with Kodi!
I have an Odroid C2 that I am using with Kodi installed. I have my Odroid C2 in a downstairs room from my TV. Is there some specific setting inside of the Logitech software that I should configure to get the harmony to function correctly. Thanks for any help on this topic.
Do you have a flirc.tv configured and connected?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
No I don't! Is that an add-on for Kodi or a setting inside of Logitech Harmony set up.
I looked it up and saw that it is a physical device FLIRC USB (2nd Generation) Universal Remote Control Receiver for Media Centers and Set Top Boxe. Is this the best way to use a Harmony remote by using the module.
(2017-02-01, 21:45)cap2587 Wrote: I have an Odroid C2 that I am using with Kodi installed. I have my Odroid C2 in a downstairs room from my TV. Is there some specific setting inside of the Logitech software that I should configure to get the harmony to function correctly. Thanks for any help on this topic.
The Odroid C2 has an on-board IR-receiver. No need to buy a flirc usb IR receiver.

in a downstairs room from my TV

What do you mean by this? Is the odroid in a sight distance of the Harmony Hub?
Harmony hub does not control Kodi by ir. It uses Bluetooth. You need a cheap old USB Bluetooth dongle.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-02, 03:44)nickr Wrote: Harmony hub does not control Kodi by ir. It uses Bluetooth. You need a cheap old USB Bluetooth dongle.
Sorry, but that's not actually fully true. The hub can send IR (two emitters integrated over and under the "harmony" label, Bluetooth and wifi (for wifionly hue bridge comes into my mind, so far) signals.
If you choose to control it via IR, then you don't have to buy a usb Bluetooth dongle. In fact, the Elite remote lets you choose in its display preferences whether you want the remote or the hub or one of the external mini IR-Blasters or a of them to send out the IR signals to kodi.

If you choose to use Bluetooth (only with hub possible), then choose the harmony profile:
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: KODI

this is the best profile, i've seen so far for Bluetooth. Works in Linux libreelec with all buttons mapped correctly.

Again: no need to buy a Bluetooth usb adapter or a flirc usb dongle! Try it with IR. If it's not snappy enough, then think about a Bluetooth dongle (about max 7€ for no name CSR 4.0).
Well when I set up my elite there was no Harmony IR profile for Kodi. Bluetooth is far better anyway.

I agree flirc is certainly not needed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-02, 10:58)nickr Wrote: Well when I set up my elite there was no Harmony IR profile for Kodi. Bluetooth is far better anyway.

I agree flirc is certainly not needed.
Ah I understand what you mean. Usually people suggest the "Windows Media Center SE" profile, which makes use of IR and works out of the box then. At least that's the profile that most use for openelec and libreelec. I'm no fan of it either, thus I've always made my custom lircd.conf with irrecord. Just recently I switched over to Bluetooth and you are right, it is way better (i guess the best experience).

Anyways... For odroid c2 with its on-board ir, infrared might be sufficient for the first time and testing.
Harmony Hub can be used both with internal IR or any cheap bluetooth dongle. I'm using mine with some five years old bluetooth dongle that cost about 1€. There is however small problem with bluetooth, it takes 10-20s after boot before bluetooth connection works. I have Windows Computer in Harmony profile as device. After minor editing with keymap editor addon it works just fine.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
(2017-02-02, 10:44)infinity85 Wrote:
(2017-02-02, 03:44)nickr Wrote: Harmony hub does not control Kodi by ir. It uses Bluetooth. You need a cheap old USB Bluetooth dongle.

If you choose to use Bluetooth (only with hub possible), then choose the harmony profile:

this is the best profile, i've seen so far for Bluetooth. Works in Linux libreelec with all buttons mapped correctly.

Again: no need to buy a Bluetooth usb adapter or a flirc usb dongle! Try it with IR. If it's not snappy enough, then think about a Bluetooth dongle (about max 7€ for no name CSR 4.0).

I have been using ir always and it's terribly slow when navigating. I found an old bluetooth dongle and decided to try it.

I added the harmony profile

but got this:

I have harmony ultimate (remote and the hub). I assumed that once I add the profile, harmony app guides me through the pairing process but that did not happen... is bluetooth option available only for harmony elite?
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
No, this ist correct... It's a very misleading message, which just states that the harmony remote (the actual remote) cannot control this devices directly, but uses the hub for it.
It will still work with elite and ultimate, once a hub is also present, which you have.

To pair: confirm this "info message" and go to create an activity/scene (don't know how they call it in the English version) with this device and the tv and whatever else you want to have in this activity. Sync it to your harmony.

The start the activity and it "could" start the Pairing process automatically.

Which OS do you use on your c2 anyway?

If it dies not evoke the Pairing process automatically (which happens for me mostly), then you should install the harmony android or iPhone app and start the activity there. As soon as you press a cursor/navigation button, it will attempt to connect to the Bluetooth device (the hub will attempt to connect to the odroid c2's Bluetooth dongle). Either it will offer "Pairing immediately or it will attempt it for 1 minute and time out and offer then the Pairing.
Then press "pair" in the harmony Smartphone app, and switch over to your C2, which should show a "harmony keyboard" after 30s or so in its Bluetooth device list appearing (this is how it works in LibreELEC). You need to choose there "pair and trust". The controlling should work some second afterwards with your harmony ultimate and with smartphone app.

If you are not using LibreELEC, then you should probably find the Pairing settings im the systems Bluetooth control panel or so.
Hurray! Got it working.

I don't know why it did not complete the pairing process when I tried to do it through desktop app. I tried android harmony phone app and that worked. I didn't add the Manufacturer: Microsoft, Model: KODI -profile but followed this tutorial in which harmony adds some windows pc profile:
http://www.howtogeek.com/246670/how-to-c...ny-remote/

Now the response is almost instant. Glad I run into this thread as slow response time has been a pain in the ass for a long time. Thanks again, kodi community!
ps. sorry, op, for hijacking your thread.
Current setup
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Yep, as I said, desktop version might not pair it... was the same for me.

I've also tried once the "Windows PC" profile, which works for navigation and some other buttons very well, but it did not work for the coloured RED, GREEN, YELLOW, BLUE buttons. May be its different in your case, but at least if you use LibreELEC, then "Manufactorer: Microsoft ; Model: KODI" maps all buttons correctly (the coloured ones as well).

Sidenote:
1. As already mentioned by BoxFreak: After a cold boot it may take 10 to 20s to work
2. My Hub looses the pairing sometimes and I have to pair it again with a timeout through the Android App. Might be caused by using a firetv, respectively sometimes the switch over to the firetv activity/scene (also bluetooth) does something wrong with the kodi pairing.
I got too excited. There's a major connection problem after booting pc.

Every time pc is booted or if it is woke up, harmony drops connection. Pc shows that harmony keyboard is connected (bluetooth) but nothing happens if ultimate remote is used. Android application tries to pair with bluetooth again, but it cannot. It just pairs and pairs until a notification appers, that pairing was unsuccessful. I have to disconnect harmony keyboard, pair it and type the pairing ID. Then it works again until pc is booted or put in sleep. Anyone else experiencing this?

Could it be, that this is OS specific or hardware specific problem? I have win10 and bluetooth dongle must be at least 10 years old.
Current setup
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony Elite to work with Kodi!0