• 8(current)
Logitech Harmony Elite to work with Kodi!
Thanks for that helpful information.

Soli- what do you set your adjust repeat and interkey intervals too in terms of values.
Hello,

First of all please excuse if the answer was already given in the thread. I am not a native english speaker so it may happen that I do not fully understood the answers...

I have a LCD TV, AV-Receiver and an Odroid C2 with the latest official Libreelec.
My Remote is a Logitech Harmony Elite. I am using sometimes the iPhone APP, but most of the time I am using the Remote Control.

In the past I was using RPi3 for Kodi and there I paired my Harmony via Bluetooth. It worked fine, except that I was not able to configure the"Info" Button via the Keymapper. It was recogniced as "Navigate Right".

Now I changed to Odroid (HD Audio Passthrough) and I used a Bluetooth-Tongle which I had available. Worked the same way as on the RPi3, including the same restrictions.

Because I was interessted in the poweroff/on feature and I do not want to use CEC I changed to Infrared. So I created a new device on the Harmony "Hardkernel - Odroid C2" and created an Activity.
Poweron/off is working perfect, also the normal navigation is working fine. But now I have some different issues:

1) I wanted to pair the Harmony App as a Bluetooth Keyboard. If I do this, then the Remote Control is not working anymore, not accepting any navigation commands. The Harmony App is still working. I had to remove the device and add again to get it working

2) I still cant get the Info Key activated. It seems that it is recogniced as "Navigate Down" when using IR.

3) If pressinge "Pause" and "Playback" in a FullScreen Video, then the OSD stays on top. I have to press "Menu" to get the OSD disapearing. Is it possible that the OSD disapears automatically after a couple of seconds? I think this was working with BLuetooth, but I am not sure.

Best Regards,
Johannes
I just got a Harmony Elite, here's my thoughts on it.

I use Kodi on a Chromebox running Kodibuntu 14.04.
I first used the official PS3 BD Remote v1, then got a Harmony 900 which I used in PS3 mode with the PS3 BT adapter.

The Elite can be used as a BT keyboard and PS3 Remote. I chose the latter since I've already set it up this way, and it probably looks better in the iOS Harmony app. (the icons like play/stop/etc correspond to the right Kodi actions, I don't think Logitech has made it possible to make custom icons/names yet in the app - only in the display of the Elite remote itself).

Speed:
The official PS3 BD remote has no lagging whatsoever. It's almost too snappy. It makes using the virtual keyboard easy.
The solution with PS3 BT adapter when using the Harmony was a little laggy, the virtual keyboard was really tedious to use. Also the adapter was going to sleep mode after a while, even though there's no good reason for this.
The Harmony Elite is way quicker than than the 900 w/ BT adapter. Using the virtual keyboard is way faster although it's nowhere near the speed PS3 BD Remote, but definately usable. The BT connection is always on, which is a good thing. I used to whip out the PS3 BD Remote when I got a little fed up with the lagging of the Harmony900 with the BT adapter. Now I only do this if I run out of battery on the Elite.

Ergonomically, it's just about perfect.
For an Elite2 I'd hope for an OLED display, fix the general lagging (can't believe why the hell all the Harmony Remotes have this built-in lag, it's 2017 ffs), and put in some extra horsepower to make fluid animations/etc on the display, and better touch capabilities. That'd be very nearly the perfect remote.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony Elite to work with Kodi!0