• 2(current)
Logitech Harmony Elite to work with Kodi!
That is alot of great information! I must have touched on a topic that people had many different options and opinions.

I have Libreelec/Kodi installed on my Odroid C2. I selected Hardkernel as the device and media player as an activity. I must be using the IR as I don't have a bluetooth module plugged. I do own a few bluetooth modules and could use of them.
I may try what Infinity85 suggested and see how that goes. "May be its different in your case, but at least if you use LibreELEC, then "Manufactorer: Microsoft ; Model: KODI" maps all buttons correctly (the coloured ones as well)."
If I go with Bluetooth I could try the below. Manufacturer: Microsoft, Model: KODI

Does everyone agree that Bluetooth is typically quicker. Will IR or Bluetooth offer greater range as my Odroid C2 is in a room below my main TV room. Appreciate any additional help.
Hmmm... technically, when using IR, you need a free line of sight between the IR emitter (Harmony Remote or Harmony HUB, or IR-Miniblaster or all at once) and the Receiving device (Odroid C2). Obviously IR is also working through reflections even if you cannot see the Odroid directly.

A common Bluetooth usb dongle can have a range of up to 10m. I guess usually you will be able to have a distance of 5m before you get into trouble. And you do not need a to have a free line of sight for bluetooth

So it depends where your Harmony HUB or one of the IR-Mini blasters are located. If the hub also down there, where the Odroid is, then you can use IR as well as bluetooth. IR as well, because the Hub would be in sight of the Odroid .
If the Odroid is alone and your hub and remote and everything is upstairs and there's the floor or wall seperating the HUB and the Odroid, then you're better off with Bluetooth, as this could go through the walls to reach your odroid.

So why not just try ist? You can set up your Harmony with an IR based profile and activity (Hardkernel; ODROID C2),
and additionally you can make another activity with Bluetooth profile (Microsoft; KODI). Both will not interrupt each other, as you harmony can only load one Activity at once. When you've decided which suits you better, you delete the other.
infinity85 - Thanks for following up and giving some good suggestions. My odroid C2 and Logitech Hub are right next to each other downstairs and the TV upstairs. There is about 5 feet of distance. It looks like I have functionality using IR with IR based profile and activity. It seems to funtion okay, but haven't really tested it that extensively. I will install a Bluetooth module and set up with Microsoft:/Kodi and test out how that works. Does one of these profiles actually turn off and on the Odroid C2?
If the hub is next to the C2, then its IR emitters (two integrated it the casing) wil probably reach the C2 flawlessly, because the emitters are very strong. I think Bluetooth is worth a try, but not a must-have.

To turn on and off the Odroid, there are two ways to achieve that, as far as I know.
  1. Via IR Command (Power Toggle): Take the Harmony profile: "Manufacturer: Hardkernel; Model: Odroid C2". It has a power button (As far as I remember it is there as a Display Button, called "Power Toggle". This button will turn it off and turn it on again if pressed again.
  2. HDMI CEC, power on off with your TV: navigate in kodi settings --> System Settings --> Input, then go right to "peripherals" and press ok
    open the highlighted "CEC Adapter". It should be already enabled. Set the settings as you wish there.
    But the one "When the TV is switched off --> Shutdown" will turn your Odroid C2 off, as soon as the TV is turned off.
    Powering on should also be evoked as soon as you turn on your TV or switch to the HDMI source, where your C2 is connected to.

At least this is what works on LibreELEC builds from Raybuntu: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=24753
I will try out these suggestions. It looks like I have enough information and now I need to test out what works best. Thanks
It seems like controlling my Odroid by using IR is performing pretty quick. there is a couple of small issues that I wish could be fixed.

1. I don't know if it is possible to have the stop button on the remote stop the movie instead of brining up the kodi home page over the still playing movie.

2. When I use the Via IR Command (Power Toggle) it brings me to the next small screen with power off, restart. I wish it would just shut it down without promting another screen.

3. My bluetooth setting is saying disabled inside of Kodi, Libreelec despite trying multiple bluetooth modules. Not sure if this is the module used or another setting has to be adjusted.
Keymap editor addon will help you with those first two problems.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
BoxFreak - Thanks for that additional information. I will try and adjust the keymap editor and see how that goes. Can I do that directly from the Logitech Harmony remote or do I have to access the MyHarmony software on my computer?
I guess I need follow this tutorial https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/cust...our-remote. It did not seem like the stop button was in the yellow color for editing when I looked last night. I will have another look tonight.
You are far better using the harmony setup to control keypresses.

You need to turn bluetooth on in libreelec settings. Plugging a module in is not enough.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nickr - Once I plugged my bluetooth module I went to the Libreelec settings and bluetooth was disabled. Does any bluetooth module work or do I need a specific one.
(2017-02-04, 00:04)cap2587 Wrote: Nickr - Once I plugged my bluetooth module I went to the Libreelec settings and bluetooth was disabled. Does any bluetooth module work or do I need a specific one.

1. You plug your Bluetooth module in
  2. You go into LibreELEC configuration/services and turn on Bluetooth service:
  3. Then you witch over from services to bluetooth:
  4. You evoke a pairing from the "Harmony Android app", like I described it some posts ago in my guide.
  5. You will see how a "Harmony Keyboard" will appear withing ~30s in:
  6. click on it and choose "trust and connect"
Regarding the button mappings... I would leave them in Harmony Software as they are and just take the "Keymap Editor" Addon to adjust the few buttons, which are not as you wish, to you needs.

I recommend the Keymap Editor because: There you can directly assign functions to the buttons by pressing it.
If you try to achieve the same in the Harmony Software, then you would need which button in the Harmony dropdown list evokes exactly the effect in Kodi. This can get a veeeery looong trial and error game. In the end, you'd end up setting up an own keymap.xml or so, which would be the same what the Keymap Editor Addon does for you.
If one can setup all buttons to do exactly what wants via Harmony's software, that's easy when you reinstall your Kodi because everything works right after install. It's also possible to backup keymap editors custom mapping file manually, so that's not bad option either.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
(2017-02-04, 10:02)BoxFreak Wrote: If one can setup all buttons to do exactly what wants via Harmony's software, that's easy when you reinstall your Kodi because everything works right after install. It's also possible to backup keymap editors custom mapping file manually, so that's not bad option either.
On the contrary: the latter solution of "backup keymap editors custom mapping file" is the easier solution and the more reliable one in the long shot. What happens, if you reset your harmony? Or if you have to replace it, or if you buy a second one. In each if this cases you need to guess/trial and error again all the button relations between Harmony software and the effects they have in kodi. Logitech also sometimes edits the original profiles... So if you try to make a new and clean harmony setup in a year or so, then it may be that some buttons are different.
Also not all the buttons in Logitech Harmony software are mapped to kodi functions (how could they... There are a hundret of possible button functions you could achieve in kodi). If one like "subtitle offset shift" is nowhere mapped in the harmony software, you won't be able to access this specific function if trial and erroring the harmony buttons in Logitechs software. You would end up making an additional keymap.xml to extend the harmony softwares functions. This means you would do twice the work.... Having lost a lot of time with trial end error the button effects of harmony software, just to realize you need to create your own keymap.xml to have some other buttons.

Simpler: leave the harmony software buttons set as they were, as long as every button has a function assigned (depends on the chosen profile). And then, make your keymap.xml (Keymap Editor or manually) once to all your needs and make a backup of it. And then whenever you reinstall kodi, simply copy this file in the right directory and that's it. Even if your harmony gets broken or so, all the button mappings are in the keymap.xml. The format and mappings remain compatible throughout all kodi versions and devices, as far as I know.
PLUS: Everybody can help you with the keymap.xml/Keymap Editor mappings or changes or adjustments in kodi forums, because the xml is a kodi feature, hence a lot of threads and guides are very helpful. But if you begin adjustments and custom mappings within harmony software, it gets hard to get help. Either people do have a different harmony remote (old software <=Harmony900 vs new software >=Harmony touch/Harmony Elite/950 etc) or everybody uses a different profile for Kodi (some use Windows Media Center, some prefer Windows Media Center SE, some use Microsoft:KODI, some use Microsoft:Windows Computer)... There's simply no consistency compared to the keymap.xml mapping method.
I have mentioned my problem on another thread, but someone in here might be able to help me.

I have the Harmony Hub with companion remote. I can get the hub to pair to libreelec using the microsoft/kodi profile, but none of the buttons work.

I currently am using a ps3 remote and CEC, which controls everything well, but would like to use the hub and set it up with alexa too. In my userdata/keymaps folder I have a remote.xml (no keymap.xml). I tried renaming this last time I paired, but it made no difference.

Am I missing something obvious? Sad
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony Elite to work with Kodi!0