• 4(current)
Logitech Harmony Elite to work with Kodi!
Try device Windows Computer.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
I've tried that in the past with the same results. I can try again this evening
And also do the pairing via Android software' s Activity settings, there's a place where you can re-pair your remote with bluetooth device. Start pairing there, and then look for bluetooth devices in LE settings.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
I've only done it through the android software, I don't know the other way.

I've also tried it as an entertainment device and a windows computer, and it appears in the LE bluetooth list. When I 'Trust and Connect' it asks for a pincode, which other people don't seem to get... Confused

After that, the buttons to control the device in the android app don't work. Sometimes they do after I disconnect and re-pair, but the remote itself doesn't work even if the android app does. Restarting the box stops everything working again, and it doesn't auto reconnect to the bluetooth. Probably because of the pincode issue.
I'm not sure whether pin code is unnecessary in general. At least for me it isn't.

1. Windows computer profile is not so good, as it has not all buttons mapped correctly, the "Microsoft:KODI" profile is the best I've seen so far, as it has all buttons of the harmony mapped and the most important: they are mapped correctly, even the colored ones. But the profile should not be the issue here... It should at least work for the navigation buttons, no matter which profile used.

2. FYI: after restart it works for me usually instantly, but after a cold boot the Bluetooth navigation is working after 10 to 20 second ls. Did you wait a bit after a boot or restart? Perhaps it just takes longer on your system? But i guess that's not the issue here :/
I'm also not sure whether this delay at coldboot is an issue of the media center, or of the hub. I have the impression, that the hub is the source, as it may be waiting for a handshake upon starting the activity and it could be that the hub is initializing the Bluetooth connection too slowly.

3. FYI#2: I haven't figured out yet, but sometimes I also lose the Pairing. Either it is related to my FireTV or to the LE version. Perhaps LE Krypton (v7.95 / v8.0) is more reliable with harmony hub. I mention the FireTV because it is in one of my other activities and as soon as I switch the activity over from the LE raspberry/odroid to the FireTV activity, the firetv won't start automatically. When I wake it up with the original firetv remote, then it shows immediately a pop-up, that the harmony remote has been connected. That means that the hub kind of disconnects the Bluetooth device of one activity if you connect to another activity. That means then, that the hub may be a bit picky if you have many different Bluetooth devices at home and if you start their activities right after the other... The disconnect and reconnect to another Bluetooth device might be your problem.
Sausageman, du you have different Bluetooth devices at home, which you control with the harmony? Can it be that the issues are occurring whenever you switch from one to another activity?

4. And what about your smart control (not Android app)? Does it work now, when LE Bluetooth control works through Android harmony software successfully?
The companion remote hasn't yet worked with kodi, even when the android app does.

The first time the app buttons worked, the hub was the only bluetooth device in the room, but it didn't reconnect after rebooting LE. I reconnected my ps3 remote after that. I think the hub connection is waiting for a pincode after reboot...

I'll try and update LE with one of the betas later today, see if that makes a difference.
But have you tried the companion with other devices? Is it working? Sounds as if the remote is not synced with the hub. Whenever the Android app works, the remote must work too. Unless you didn't sync the current config to the companion remote (I assume it has to be synced like the other harmony remotes).

What kind of Bluetooth adapter are you using anyway? Perhaps this is the main issue. I use a usb CSR 4.0, which is kind of generic standard thing for Abitur 5€/$.
It works fine with tv and av receiver.

The adapter is 3 years old, cheap from ebay. I can't find a listing, but it was titled "ULTRA SMALL MINI NANO USB 2.0 BLUETOOTH DONGLE WIRELESS ADAPTER FOR PC LAPTOPS"
(2017-02-09, 14:58)sausageman Wrote: It works fine with tv and av receiver.

The adapter is 3 years old, cheap from ebay. I can't find a listing, but it was titled "ULTRA SMALL MINI NANO USB 2.0 BLUETOOTH DONGLE WIRELESS ADAPTER FOR PC LAPTOPS"

Then it is likely the same chipset as on my one.

You mention that you have a firetv. So then you might have similar issues like i have described above. May be it is occurs more often on your setup than on my one. The hub might get into trouble when switching Bluetooth from firetv to LE.
No fire tv, just a microserver running LE and a bluetooth usb adapter
(2017-02-09, 15:45)sausageman Wrote: No fire tv, just a microserver running LE and a bluetooth usb adapter
Oh, I misread it, sorry.
Hmm, seems like there is no obvious solution. I'll probably return the hub this week.

Last possibility is that there is an issue with kodi 16.1/ LE 7.0.2...
I think it is rather an incompatibility between LibreELEC and, your Bluetooth usb dongle. I am using a cheap CSR 4.0 adapter.
(2017-02-14, 11:29)sausageman Wrote: Hmm, seems like there is no obvious solution. I'll probably return the hub this week.

I returned mine a few weeks ago, just too frustrating for now.
Got this working today in a few minutes on LE 7.95.3
I'm not seeing "all the keys mapped to all the buttons" though.
Most do something but I'm not sure how to bring up the context menu, change between music/video menus and a couple of other things.
Seems it's mapped the remote as a keyboard that can send keyboard presses so is it just a case of looking through the kodi documentation and seeing what key stroke is mapped to set things?

Shouldn't be a need for any keymap editing in that case then, no?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony Elite to work with Kodi!0