v17 Mouse issues
Just installed 17.0 official and I have a list of folders that I have to scroll to get to the show that i want to watch. In 16.1 and previous versions it was simple to scroll down click on the desired folder to get to it. However, in 17.0 the mouse auto scrolls so fast when I move it to get the folder that I can not select it (I had not changed my general mouse settings when I installed 17.0). I have looked in the settings and I can not find a way to change how the mouse behaves apart from enabling and dis-enabling it. Any suggestions please to correct this issue.

My system is a windows 10 64bit.
Same issue, but it was worse on the Windows 10 installer (exe) I had an issue with my mouse that felt like in Windows 10 it was malfunctioning and it feels like the mouse has broken. My mouse would fail to click and also selects stuff and click twice when clicking once. I later found the same problem when using kodi. In the (expert)system settings, pointing to display, pointing to video calibrations and adjusting UI over scan, I resize the middle box to be square by pointing at the box and clicking the mouse and adjusting. When I go past the bottom of the box until over the subtitle positioning bar, the mouse starts changing the subtitle position and not the pixel ratio adjustment anymore. After doing this enough the mouse fails and I have to click the mouse button again.

I did get this solved partially, but it still happens mostly in the kodi app. I had to figure this out on my own, and after full support services as such, It was the with the software (not just drivers) for my mouse and keyboard that did the trick. But even that hasn't completely solve the issue.
Mouse? Use a remote.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-02, 12:36)nickr Wrote: Mouse? Use a remote.

Or a game controller...

(@nickr: was sure of what will be your answer in this thread, you should add it in your signature....)
Moanbag is in da place!
Shift and the letter gets you to the point faster, I personally have found no issues of too fast, keeping it fast is another issue.
Mouse is pretty useless for me too. It won't click on anything and has no vertical scrolls up port on the ui.
On the ui components like menu, settings, ect it works fine, but on the home screen right side in the addon section and such it has almost no functionality. Windows 10 exe installer
Exactly why I don't use Estuary skin. A mouse is pretty much useless some stuff is so fast you can't click on it other stuff is so slow it won't scroll with the mouse wheel or any other means. So I just switched to Aeon Nox Silvo. But it's not without speed issues on some of it's screen modes. Now, on my two installs of Kodi on Zbox's I use a Flirc IR USB and remotes I have left over from 2 WD Live TV Hubs. Perfect remotes for me and I just program the Flirc to keyboard commands.
Estuary isnt a conveinient skin for mouse-use in my opinion
(2017-02-03, 16:36)Atreyu Wrote: Estuary isnt a conveinient skin for mouse-use in my opinion

Estuary v1 was usable but v2 is really a mess to use with a mouse
Moanbag is in da place!
Luckily,i prefer a remote :-)
This is a skin issue, moving this thread along to the Estuary skin forum.
Please, stop with the "use a remote/game-controller/..." crap.

Kodi has Mouse support. Just because you dont use it does not invalidate the device. Use your imagination. I am sitting on my sofa in front of my Windows 10 Media Center with a Wireless Mouse and sometimes a Wireless Keyboard. Why would I need a remote?

I could control Kodi completely with my Mouse before and right now I have problems with vertical scrolling via mousewheel on the main-menu pages (movies and tv-shows). This worked before and is broken now. Since this problem appeared in beta and was ignored perhaps now after release someone could be so nice and fix it? It is the default skin after all.

Thanks for all the great work!

Thara
(2017-02-05, 11:50)Tharago Wrote: Please, stop with the "use a remote/game-controller/..." crap.

Kodi has Mouse support. Just because you dont use it does not invalidate the device. Use your imagination. I am sitting on my sofa in front of my Windows 10 Media Center with a Wireless Mouse and sometimes a Wireless Keyboard. Why would I need a remote?

I could control Kodi completely with my Mouse before and right now I have problems with vertical scrolling via mousewheel on the main-menu pages (movies and tv-shows). This worked before and is broken now. Since this problem appeared in beta and was ignored perhaps now after release someone could be so nice and fix it? It is the default skin after all.

Thara

I think you do not understand...

I was using a mouse with kodi but I switch to my Xbox One controller because I had no choice: it was that, or a remote, or not using Kodi anymore

The new Kodi UI has been made with one thing in mind: ten feet experience
And it seems that mouse usability is not a part of it

So just keep that in mind: it's not a bug, it's a feature

(And I will stop here before someone change again my group title...)
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-02-05, 11:50)Tharago Wrote: Please, stop with the "use a remote/game-controller/..." crap.

Thara

I agree with your response.

I changed to "confluence" skin which was the skin in the previous version and it fixed my issues.
I was just stating that Estuary isnt a mouse friendly skin.
You cant have it all sometimes,sorry.

One could always switch back to Confluence and have it to your liking as it was.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse issues4