v17 Mouse issues
If you have a keyboard you don't need a mouse. Kodi is primarily designed with a 10 foot user interface in mind. Estuary isn't the only skin to not work with a mouse.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Can't say I've noticed any mouse issues on my home office pc that I use to dev and test on, however even on that machine I rarely use the mouse and mainly stick to using the keyboard.
I am sorry if I was not clear with this. Vertical mousewheel scrolling on the main menu pages worked on Estuary in Beta 3 where I could scroll upwards and downwards by putting the pointer to the left or right side of the horizontal scroll banners. Then it broke. Right now there is no space on the right edge, and in the free space on the left side the wheel triggers horizontal scrolling. We are talking about an oversight, not a design decision.

It works perfectly fine everywhere else using a mouse and is a huge improvement visually to confluence.

I am using a mouse too navigate a 50 inch screen ten feet away on my couch by the way, so using as intended Wink The goal ist not to be required to change from keyboard to mouse. IMHO mouse nav for me is much faster to use...

Cheers, Thara
I have the same problem with Estuary. I would like to request mouse support.

Confluence is also not good, because of its horizontal menus that do not too fit on my screen and scroll to fast too.
It noticed that Estouchy is better but its icons are too big and I don't know how to turn them of.

So far I have not found a skin that works well for me.
Stop using your mouse.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Why?

Telling somebody asking to fix a basic functionality which has been around for a long time to just "don't use it" is rude and condescending. With this attitude I'd be surprised if you care about furthering the project at all. Plese be constructive or troll somewhere else! I am disappointed to read something like that from a KODI team member.
I figured out that in Estouchy one can also toggle the menu to 3 different views with a button at the bottom right.
One is a list view with small icons. Also the scrolling is not bad. This works for me, now.
The only remaining problem is that the fonts of the main menu are a bit oversized for my 800x600 display.
(2017-03-02, 22:26)Tharago Wrote: Why?

Telling somebody asking to fix a basic functionality which has been around for a long time to just "don't use it" is rude and condescending. With this attitude I'd be surprised if you care about furthering the project at all. Plese be constructive or troll somewhere else! I am disappointed to read something like that from a KODI team member.
Kodi is not primarily designed to be controlled by a mouse.

Quote:Kodi runs on Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.

https://kodi.tv/about/

So no, it is not basic functionality.
If you read your quote carefully, you might notice the missing "only" at the end.

And if you broaden your narrow view a little, you will see a picture a few lines above the sentence on the about page. Two of the devices have touchscreens, and one has a trackpad. Sorry, but your crusade against mouse support by arguing "10-foot interface with remote control" is just silly. It belittles the work of all those who took the effort implementing it in the first place.
Use a skin that supports mice better then. I understand estouchy works better with a mouse.
Thumbs Up 
(2017-03-03, 22:35)Tharago Wrote: And if you broaden your narrow view a little, you will see a picture a few lines above the sentence on the about page. Two of the devices have touchscreens, and one has a trackpad. Sorry, but your crusade against mouse support by arguing "10-foot interface with remote control" is just silly. It belittles the work of all those who took the effort implementing it in the first place.

Agree, with this perspective.
Why is it that it's designed for a very select few? (users of ten foot interface) Although this is not a big problem, but in Kodi's windowed mode I can see a very large mouse pointer icon. And the window is the size of the old (first computer monitors) Most of the Windows 10 store apps I've used have been in windowed mode and still not this small. Another weird thing is that everything seems to be responding to movement when using a mouse. For example, when switching to windowed mode from full screen I have to move the mouse for the change to happen.
(2017-02-05, 11:50)Tharago Wrote: I could control Kodi completely with my Mouse before and right now I have problems with vertical scrolling via mousewheel on the main-menu pages (movies and tv-shows). This worked before and is broken now. Since this problem appeared in beta and was ignored perhaps now after release someone could be so nice and fix it? It is the default skin after all.

I don't use a mouse but since the mouse works almost everywhere else except the home screen it would make sense to have it fixed.

As a temporary fix you could try adding this to the home section of the keyboard file:

PHP Code:
<Home>
  <
mouse>
    <
middleclick>down</middleclick>
    <
longclick id="2">up</longclick>
  </
mouse>
</
Home

With a three button mouse middleclick moves down and a long (about 3s) middleclick moves back up one row at a time.

It's not ideal but at least it does allow vertical navigation of the home screen widgets with a mouse.

Edit: There's a better solution in post #32 here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2547485
Thank you linknet!
(2017-03-09, 09:18)Exten Wrote: Why is it that it's designed for a very select few? (users of ten foot interface) Although this is not a big problem, but in Kodi's windowed mode I can see a very large mouse pointer icon. And the window is the size of the old (first computer monitors) Most of the Windows 10 store apps I've used have been in windowed mode and still not this small. Another weird thing is that everything seems to be responding to movement when using a mouse. For example, when switching to windowed mode from full screen I have to move the mouse for the change to happen.
"A very select few"?? Clearly you don't have a clue what kodi is designed for. Not for desktops, not for tablets. For your TV in the lounge.

(Working on tablets is largely a side effect of it working on android, but working on android was purposed for the TV in your lounge via an android box).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse issues4