Title of movie is showing wrong content
The movie Split is actually 2 movies on Kodi. But the most resent one is a movie in 2016 starring James McAvoy the correct info and pictures are shown but the movie you select is a bowling movie also named Split. So no matter how you search for the movie Split you are always showing the incorrect movie. This is going to be a real popular movie and I guess no one has caught the problem. Thsnks
That's entirely down to the database used by the scraper (themoviedb.com for movies by default) and is entirely beyond our control other than being users/consumers of it.

Try naming the McAvoy one Split (2017) and the bowling one Split (2016) and see if that helps, although if you've a copy of the 2017 one then it would be in violation of our forum rules (wiki) =on piracy given it's still in theatres.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
If it's an issue with scraping, then adding the year in the file name should help

If it's a streaming issue, then stop using piracy addons should solve it
Moanbag is in da place!
I'm still thinking it's a scraper issue, using the Universal Movie scraper myself with this movie. There are at least 9 different movies named "Split" in 2016 and the scraper only returns the first five results. Unfortunately, the block buster "Split" is the ninth entry.
If you actually own this movie, which I doubt it, the rename your local folder to split (2016). Bug I guess this a banned addon right?
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
You guessed wrong. Use your brain for a moment... why would I need to scrape a stream? And the folder is already named "Split (2016)" - as it is on IMDB.
I assume Mike was directing his reply to the original poster.
Oh and for any difficult movies simply stick the TMDB or IMDB url into a nfo file named the same as the movie file then the scraper knows where to look.
(2017-04-10, 01:18)jjd-uk Wrote: Oh and for any difficult movies simply stick the TMDB or IMDB url into a nfo file named the same as the movie file then the scraper knows where to look.

Oh, didn't know that. Good to know!!

So I would just past this ... https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/329865-arrival into a notepad file and change the extension? Any code to surround that entry?
This has happened to me 3 times. I have found that any movie with a title that is the same as another movie usually comes up wrong.

The Mummy
Fright Night
Split

They all either have older versions or other movies with the same title. Is ther any way to fix this. It is very frustrating.
Hello [email protected],

If your post is any indication how you have named the files, then it is no wonder they wont scrape correctly.

Please read how to correctly name your movies... http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies

Take The Mummy for example... https://www.themoviedb.org/search/movie?...he%20mummy You can see there are 65 movies with that title, or those words in the title. I know Kodi is amazing, but even Kodi has it's limits. When you run into issues like this, you need to visit the scraper site... find your movie there... and name it EXACTLY as it is name there eg...

The Mummy (1999)

Same with TV Shows.

Hope that helps.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
There is also the manual option during the refresh of a movie. Enter a search name and a list to select from appears.
Always name movies with the year.

Only name TV Series with the year if it is in the name at tvdb.Having said that, there are a large number of movies named Split in 2016/17.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-08-23, 04:46)[email protected] Wrote: This has happened to me 3 times. I have found that any movie with a title that is the same as another movie usually comes up wrong.

The Mummy
Fright Night
Split

They all either have older versions or other movies with the same title. Is ther any way to fix this. It is very frustrating.

(2017-08-23, 11:11)nickr Wrote: Always name movies with the year.

Only name TV Series with the year if it is in the name at tvdb.Having said that, there are a large number of movies named Split in 2016/17.

You can also use an external program to organize your movies, and have Kodi use local info for the library. I use MediaElch, which lets me specify the IMDB or TVDB id number for the media I'm adding to my server.
Not always true. I came here because I was watching pilot episode of Ozark and when i pressed menu button it said i was playing Daredevil Season 1 episode 6. I do have Daredevil in my tv library, but I played Ozark from favorites (since when i play from tvshow home screen widget, stream launch freezes kodi 90% of the time, a problem for another post). So is my library corrupted or was this just a coincidence that Ozark was scraped as Daredevil and that i also happen to have that particular daredevil episode. The word Ozark is not in the title of Daredevil at all so I no same title "misunderstanding" there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Title of movie is showing wrong content0