v17 Kodi Krypton 17 on Sony Bravia (Android) Issues
I use to run Kodi Jarvis on Sony Bravia (Android) was fine until Kodi update on Kodi Krypton.. but Kodi Krypton is not working well, I have lots of issues... I have a question, how to rollback (downgrade) Krypton to Jarvis on Sony Bravia (Android)?[/size]
Thread moved to Android
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
zyyyper,

Exactly the same problem here.
on TV goto settings apps and find Kodi, uninstall.
Follow directions on how to install without using GooglePlaystore.
This involves installing Chrome by logging into your googleaccount on a PC and install the Chrome app on tv that way.
Then open Chrome on TV and go to kodi.tv downloads and downlad Jarvis 16.1 there and then install.
After that, you need to completely re-configure everything ... like ... server logins, video and audio settings and libraries and plugins ...

Cheers and happy Kodi'ing
Hi I also have a Sony Android TV and have had nothing but problems after the app automatically updated to Kodi 17.

I am seeing slower video playback and most annoying of all MKV files only show black screen, and when you pause the playback it shows a valid screen from the movie at the time that it was paused. Very strange.

After struggling with this I think I am just going to uninstall and manually install the older version.
(2017-02-03, 17:10)dingohird Wrote: zyyyper,

Exactly the same problem here.
on TV goto settings apps and find Kodi, uninstall.
Follow directions on how to install without using GooglePlaystore.
This involves installing Chrome by logging into your googleaccount on a PC and install the Chrome app on tv that way.
Then open Chrome on TV and go to kodi.tv downloads and downlad Jarvis 16.1 there and then install.
After that, you need to completely re-configure everything ... like ... server logins, video and audio settings and libraries and plugins ...

Cheers and happy Kodi'ing
isn't it easier to just use existing browser then?
All I can say is WTF. I so darn impressed with what I could do with my new Sony 55 android that I cut the cable. Now late Saturday night, all of a sudden, out of the blue, without my input......my Sony is now running Krypton. It's doing nothing, and going nowhere.
What the heck happened, and please tell a 65 year old goof how the heck do I get back to Jarvis. It took me a good month to tune up the adding just to my liking. Please remember not all Kodi users are patient enough to go through the dozen steps to get just one addon working.
Please tell me this is NOT going to happen to my Minix Neo 8 the next time I turn it on.
is that one addon one of the Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons (wiki) ?
It won't happen to your X8 as this cannot run kodi 17
this is crazy. 65hours straight messing with Kodi after a good thing ran over a year. now a "upgrade"? do you know how many skins and other crap I've tried, this is driving me insane!!!!!!!!! I have a xbr43x830c I mean who is responsible for this being pushed out to these TVs unstable like this? Sony? Kodi? Google? I better sleep before someone is wearing a TV . .
You Android TV Sony guys need to start a self help group and sit around and vent your issues.

Sony is in the business of selling TV's not Android TV media players. You are not going to get the same level of Firmware support you would see for a nVIDIA Shield or even a $69 Xiaomi Mi Box from Sony - Software and Firmware is not their core business.

The Solution to Sony problems in found over in this thread, read from the following post onwards:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2510758

And if you want an Explanation why your expensive Sony TV is not adhering to Google Android Audio standards, read this thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735

Further help with Q & A's:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306038

and yet, he didn't even say what's the problem. If one is familiar with limitations of ANY TV out there, the only thing that doesn't work is DTS passthrough and 640kbps AC3. And that can be easily kinda solved with transcoding. And that didn't work in v16 also but it was also kinda solved in a same way that is still available in v17 shitty build.
Apart from different (IMO way better) skin, v17 is the same as v16 on a SONY TV.
Or you can install this (clean) Repo (Install from .zip) and have v16 Jarvis with a Estuary Extended Shortcuts Skin (with extra movie views) as well:

https://github.com/nkvoronov/repository.....1.111.zip

The same problem here. :-( Sony Bravia kd-55xd8005. Kodi 16.1 was working absoltulty fine. Then auto update download version 17 and freezes.
uninstall and install again. Kodi works just fine on bravias........
Sony android tv is real sluggish after krypton update, I first wiped it clean and still sluggish, deleted and re-installed and STILL sluggish! I just re-installed Jarvis and everything is just fine again!
Here's how to install any app to Sony Bravia TV

https://youtu.be/sJ3c15O-7_Y

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Krypton 17 on Sony Bravia (Android) Issues0