Edit Skin Layout?
my apologies if this isn't the correct place to post this question....

i'm looking for a very simplified media manager layout, pretty much just for movie files, and have been able to "hide" a lot of the categories/window i have no interest in displaying... however there are a couple of more things i would like to do but can't quite figure out how, for example removing / hiding the "categories / in progress movies / recently added movies" window....

after a quick google i came across a thread that mentioned this could be done using "the keymap way" as follows:

ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)
ActivateWindow(Videos,TvShowTitles,return)
ActivateWindow(Videos,MusicVideoTitles,return)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=225781

but it's over my head.....

in a nutshell i would like:

1. kodi to show the movies window whenever it is launched.

2. remove "categories / in progress movies / recently added movies" page for movies and instead have it default to the poster wall.

3. remove the tool icon on the poster wall.

- remove / hide this page:

- have this as the default movie window but without the tool (green box):

any help would be very much appreciated...
Thread moved to the Estuary section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yeah, I really like Estuary skin, but one issue is that I want more customizability for menus. I need to add menus, submenus and reorder menu options too. Yes, there's that mod that has those features, but it has older skin layout. Any solution for this?
There is a mod based on latest estuary: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=302373

May be good to check if it has the possibility you want
Moanbag is in da place!
playing around with settings and it seems that settings / menu > video > flatten hierarchy should do what i want in terms of hiding the genres / titles / years etc. page and instead taking me right to the poster wall, the setting description states:

"removes the title, genre, etc. nodes from the library view. selecting the category takes you straight to the title view."

but this doesn't seem to work, i still see titles, genres etc.... ?
(2017-02-03, 17:04)Gracus Wrote: There is a mod based on latest estuary: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=302373

May be good to check if it has the possibility you want
thanks for the heads up... checked it out but not really what i'm looking for.... i have some experience building phpbb forum website in terms of creating and editing html pages, seems that these skins are similar, i.e. once you know what pages contain the objects / info you want to remove (comment out), rearrange or edit it should be pretty easy, for example it was very easy to remove the startup splash screen which makes kodi appear almost instantaneously...
(2017-02-03, 09:18)aeneas1 Wrote: 3. remove the tool icon on the poster wall.

This can be done by going to Settings/Media Settings/General/All and then turn the slide "Show parent folder items" to off.
(2017-02-04, 12:32)Andrew-M Wrote:

This can be done by going to Settings/Media Settings/General/All and then turn the slide "Show parent folder items" to off.
hey, thanks very much, should have reported back that I actually figured that one out.... i've also had some luck doing a bit of skin editing to get the ui to look a bit more simple/basic, gonna try a few more tweaks, but the skin is 99% perfect for my needs as is so i won't be doing much more...

wow, finding that kodi is very custom friendly, especially given the kodi folder / file structure, it's easy to edit / modify just the skin files without having to touch any kodi core files which is awesome, and by editing just the skin files you can do quite a bit....

as i mentioned all i was looking for was a slick "eye candy" front end for my movie files, wasn't interested in an all-in-one media hub, have found that other apps and programs handle these tasks perfectly well, the spotify desktop player for example, nor was i interested in a cross platform server setup, but instead just a cool movie front end...

anyway after some file tweaking i'm pretty much there, as shown below... i removed the left category panel from the home screen and made the entire home screen the movie category, which is what is displayed when i launch kodi, from there it's a snap to navigate my movie library... now if i could only find a way for kodi to use potplayer when i launch a movie!

If you only want is to use Kodi as a movie laucher interface to playback via potplayer, then this is what you need for the player bit http://kodi.wiki/view/external_players
(2017-02-06, 00:42)jjd-uk Wrote: If you only want is to use Kodi as a movie laucher interface to playback via potplayer, then this is what you need for the player bit http://kodi.wiki/view/external_players
thanks very for this heads up.... i've searched and come across info here and there, but is there a place that has playercorefactory.xml examples already filled out for each type of available external player, something that can just be copied and pasted into a file for your own use?
Can you please post your skin changes so we can all benefit from your experience?
can you tell me where the skin.estuary folder is. tks

dont worry, found it..

(2017-02-05, 23:05)aeneas1 Wrote: wow, finding that kodi is very custom friendly, especially given the kodi folder / file structure, it's easy to edit / modify just the skin files without having to touch any kodi core files which is awesome, and by editing just the skin files you can do quite a bit....

as i mentioned all i was looking for was a slick "eye candy" front end for my movie files, wasn't interested in an all-in-one media hub, have found that other apps and programs handle these tasks perfectly well, the spotify desktop player for example, nor was i interested in a cross platform server setup, but instead just a cool movie front end...

anyway after some file tweaking i'm pretty much there, as shown below... i removed the left category panel from the home screen and made the entire home screen the movie category, which is what is displayed when i launch kodi, from there it's a snap to navigate my movie library... now if i could only find a way for kodi to use potplayer when i launch a movie!

(2017-02-04, 13:23)aeneas1 Wrote:
(2017-02-04, 12:32)Andrew-M Wrote:

hey, thanks very much, should have reported back that I actually figured that one out.... i've also had some luck doing a bit of skin editing to get the ui to look a bit more simple/basic, gonna try a few more tweaks, but the skin is 99% perfect for my needs as is so i won't be doing much more...

@ aeneas1.
Can you please provide me this skin, i also want a very simple and sleek skin like yours, will be very much obliged and thankful to you.
Thanks
Ruhanin
Can anybody please tell me how do i modify the Home Menu Category Names in XML File?
i tried changing in Home.xml File but its not getting changed On the Main Home Screen. I don't want to use Estuary MOD Skin
I want to change TV-Live TV and TV Shows-TV Serials.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edit Skin Layout?0