7.95.1 + Radeon RX 460 + sound 5.1 not working
Hello

I bought a few days ago 4k TV and Radeon RX 460. The first problem came with the system. There is no picture in the installation. Boot menu does not support 4k. The image was black. I had to connect the TV full hd to install Libreelec 7.95.1. After installing and connecting the TV 4K image appeared but I have a problem with the home theater. No sound on my AVR on the HDMI. Please help. On the old graphics card GeForce 610 all was well and the Radeon issue Sad

Edit.
In the menu, I selected: ALSA: HDA ATI @@@ # 0

Is this a common problem and that someone is working on it?
bugs.freedesktop.org it's a kernel bug your distribution needs to solve for you.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I do not understand. What should I look for on this site? Can you explain?

I do not know that well on linux. How can someone tell me what commands to type in putty to do what you need.
I think I made a mistake buying radeon rx 460 Sad

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=99668
In short I told you: The problem ouy have has zero to do with kodi, but it is a kernel bug. This needs filing at the above adress. The bug you linked won't for sure get any attention, cause there is not even a single log mentioned. Furthermore your logs don't use pulseaudio.

As you are running libreelec go to their forum and open an issue there. This is something your distribution (provider of the kernel for you) needs to fix.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So this is a problem with libreelec? Kodi is ok? For me it just seems that they do not see the AVR.
The intel is: ALSA: HDA Intel, Onk TX-NR636 from HDMI # 1
In Nviadia: ALSA: HDA Nviadia, Onk TX-NR636 from HDMI # 1

And the ATI issue ALSA: HDA ATI @@@ # 0
Kodi is perfectly fine. the AMD Card tells @@@ since many years - this is NOT your problem. Yes, you have a driver problem - so check with your distribution.
I went down this road also with a Radeon HD7770 and a Rx460.

Tried every combination using 3 versions of Ubuntu server, 3 versions of Kodi, Pulse and ALSA, and both Linux video drivers. (Radeon and AMD-GPU)
Each had the same audio distortion issue with these 2 Radeon cards.

In Kodi, the symptom was a repetitive audio distortion.
Instead of a single beep as you moved through the menu items, it produced several beeps, like an echo or something.
Play a video and the audio was all distorted.

Weird part was, Ubuntu detected several audio outputs with each those cards, even though there were only 3 outputs DP, HDMI,DVI.
These showed up in Kodi as multiple audio outputs in the drop down list. My HD5770 only shows 1 Audio output.

I tried a Nvidia GT610, but the lack of hardware acceleration maxed out my CPU.

Ended up going back to the HD5770 and Kodi 16, which works great on most everything but 4K H.265 10-bit files.
Down-scaled 4K H.265 8-bit would even play, just not smoothly.
2k H.265 8-bit with 7.1 DTS plays perfectly.

The Rx 460 ended up in my Win7 server with Kodi 18 beta and it works just fine with all files.
Hello vmstek

Can you check out radeon 460 now on LibreELEC's latest compilation kodi 18? Can you test how 4k hevc 265 videos work? I bought my radeon 460 card and bought geforce 1050. Now I regret because it does not work hevc 265 and will not work Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
7.95.1 + Radeon RX 460 + sound 5.1 not working0