KODI JARVIS 16.1 OR KODI KRYPTON 17
Hi guys I am new to this, I was wondering if Kodi Krypton 17 stable enough to use or is it better to use Kodi Jarvis 16.1 ? Can you tell me please where to download Kodi Jarvis 16.1 as I can not find it on the Google Play Store only Kodi Krypton 17. Also can you please give me your avise on which builds I can use for both of the Kodi versions ? Do any builds come with the addons alreay there so it would make it easier for a newcomer like myself.

Please let me know and thank you
How the heck have you managed to get to your 8th post and still not realize discussion of builds - and the addons you mean - is banned here?
@JC1964 - read this and this and wise-up before you get yourself banned.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-02-03, 16:00)trogggy Wrote: How the heck have you managed to get to your 8th post and still not realize discussion of builds - and the addons you mean - is banned here?

Ahahahaha, yes, usually it's 1st or 2nd post.... Smile Smile Smile
Hi guys sorry but maybe it is me that does not understand
I just asked a simple question if Kodi Krypton was stable to use and where could I find Kodi Jarvis 16.1
I really do not get the addons part
There are legal addons and that is what I am inquiring about, do I have to add them myself or is there some build that they already come with ?

I find these normal questions and yes I do look on the duiscussions also and I will do again

Sorry for the bother
Pretty much the only way to download kodi that's recognised as kosher here is to download without addons, then add them yourself. The only 'builds' available anywhere are banned here, as are most of the addons in them. Any mention of builds usually gets a snotty reply and a visit to the trash section.
Personally I call what I put together - kodi, addons, settings - a 'build' in the absence of a better term for it. But some people here seem horrified by me using the word.

Jarvis or Krypton? They're both stable on my devices, so I'd go krypton. Might not be the case for you though.

Edit: Jarvis and Krypton are both available from the 'Downloads' link at the top of this page. If you're on android (guessing you might be because of the 'where Jarvis?') you could install kodi krypton plus SPMC (which is effectively kodi Jarvis but made better) and compare the 2.
Thank you so much buddy
Very much appreciated
And to download Kodi Krypton plus SPMC I can do it here on the download page or from the Google Play Store ?
Most people I read said Krypton was not stable as of yet

Thanks
(2017-02-03, 16:49)JC1964 Wrote: Thank you so much buddy
Very much appreciated
And to download Kodi Krypton plus SPMC I can do it here on the download page or from the Google Play Store ?
Most people I read said Krypton was not stable as of yet

Thanks
If you're on android just get both from the play store.
Ok and SPMC is Kodi ?
SPMC is more or less a forked (better!) android-specific version of kodi, made by koying - who was the developer responsible for kodi android.
There are threads here if you search, and he has a website.
Thank you so much
Very reliable and useful information

Thank you again buddy
(2017-02-03, 16:42)trogggy Wrote: The only 'builds' available anywhere are banned here, as are most of the addons in them.

My endless pet peeve is the pirates who call adding some addons and slightly modifying the skin "builds." The irony of OP's post is that he was asking about "builds" while actually asking about builds. Namely, the 16.1 build vs the 17.0 build. Smile
(2017-02-03, 23:09)natethomas Wrote:
(2017-02-03, 16:42)trogggy Wrote: The only 'builds' available anywhere are banned here, as are most of the addons in them.

My endless pet peeve is the pirates who call adding some addons and slightly modifying the skin "builds." The irony of OP's post is that he was asking about "builds" while actually asking about builds. Namely, the 16.1 build vs the 17.0 build. Smile
One of my pet peeves is reading people complaining about that word who can't suggest a better alternative...(edit: not referring to pat there)
(2016-11-13, 18:04)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-11-13, 17:45)PatK Wrote: The word 'build' confers the idea that you have worked to put Kodi together; (instead of just hit the install), which is in itself a slight on the team and the thousands of lines of code and efforts by so many, (their sensitivity is more than understandable); not to mention the perversion of this code that is starting to pervade web with illegal modifications which is casting a heavy shadow on support efforts and calling it a 'build'.

Installing a few extras to a Kodi installation is not in any way to be construed as 'coding' or 'a build', if you've taken the effort to compile Kodi from source code, then call it what it is, a 'compile from source'.
Doesn't to me - but then I was using it before 'builds' became available on other websites.
If someone says they're a builder would you get snippy when they explain that they really only do extensions or repairs? If someone says they're having the builders in next weekend do you ask where the new house is being put?
Anyway unless you come up with a better word for the finished product when someone's installed kodi, installed addons, customized their skin etc 'build' will continue to be the most obvious choice.
Suggestions for suitable noun welcome.

Edit:thinking about this - a builder doesn't design the house. A builder sticks stuff together whilst swearing at the bloody architects.
(2016-11-13, 18:57)trogggy Wrote: 'Kodi' is kodi.
Team Kodi are the architects.
I'm the guy with the stubble, calluses, power tools and a big tube of mastic* trying to make it work and fit exactly as I want.

*All this is literally true.
I see your quote, but your comparison ignores the fact that "build" referring to the result of a compiler compiling has been the accepted nomenclature for all developers since at least 1999, when I took my first programming class.
(2017-02-04, 05:10)natethomas Wrote: I see your quote, but your comparison ignores the fact that "build" referring to the result of a compiler compiling has been the accepted nomenclature for all developers since at least 1999, when I took my first programming class.
Seriously? Because words can only have one meaning and can only be used in one context?
When I read that I'm reminded of my dad, and how he used to moan that 'Gay means happy, they've stolen the word (the bastards)...'.

Maybe when you're in conversation with developers you can use the 'correct' meaning.
And if you have a suggestion for a better word for 'the other thing' it might take off.
Anything?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI JARVIS 16.1 OR KODI KRYPTON 170