[TV Guide] - Enable next program starts notification
Just a request for a small addition to the already phenomenal amount of work you guys have done to the front end. **Applause**

With the PVR frontend TV Guide in enigma2 on most DVB-S/T/C PVR settopbox's GUI'S there is an option to alert the viewer of the next program starting via taskbar popup for a briefy 5 seconds. (Next Program: Title of program)

What does this setting do: Well it allows a 5-10 second taskbar notification/popup message of next program starting "Next: or whatever"

Guess the options would exist in [Options] -> [PVR/TV Settings] -> [TV Guide] - Enable next program starts notification

Why is useful? Not just is it useful for finding out what is on next on channel which is good in itself. Also helps with setting up channels.xml bcos it allows you to see exact time program starts via popup. Gives you accurate notifications to allow you to adjust the timings on the tv guide scraper (webgrab etc)

I take it this feature may be undesirable for some ppl using limited hardware so an option to enable or disable it would probably be the recommended thing (starting on disabled obviously)

Thank you for reading my email !
hk05
Also, notice you have the option of recording the program but not simple option for: (this would be in actual tv guide menu)

Notifying when program starts , message notification such and such seconds before program starts and option to switch to channel when starts.

Guess these all would be request for me Big Grin
All good suggestions.
This is what is still missing in Kodi.
You might want to try KN switchtimer service. It allows you to set reminders from within the guide.
Its now in the official repo in Service Addons..
(2017-02-05, 21:33)Atreyu Wrote: All good suggestions.
This is what is still missing in Kodi.
You might want to try KN switchtimer service. It allows you to set reminders from within the guide.
Its now in the official repo in Service Addons..

Just found this. Awesome stuff Smile
Try out Kodi Matrix Alpha 1. It has built in PVR reminders. No need for an add-on anymore.
Yes, and there are some other great enhancements for PVR in Matrix. Beautiful.
(2020-08-09, 16:51)ksooo Wrote: Try out Kodi Matrix Alpha 1. It has built in PVR reminders. No need for an add-on anymore.
Ksooo
I read a post recently where somebody made reference to 'Next-Up' for LiveTv programmes, which I took to mean the same as what happens with the 'Next-Up' notification feature for video library items, but I couldn't find any trace/setting for such a thing in Matrix. I'm guessing they may have been talking about PVR reminders, unless something new has been added quite recently?
You are talking about two different things:
1. a notification about a starting program on a different channel e.g. TVShow, Film you want to watch definately. This is builtin in Kodi19 thx to ksooo
2. a notification about the following program on the same channel when the actual program ends, e.g. 30s before the next program starts.
@Dumyat 
You can try this:
https://github.com/Guilouz/repository.gu...NextUp.xml

It is the PVRNextUp-Window from Estuary-Mod v2 and does exactly what is described under #2. don't know, if this is working in stock Estuary.
Would be nice, if this would be in "vanilla" Kodi Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2020-08-11, 19:57)Solo0815 Wrote: You are talking about two different things:
1. a notification about a starting program on a different channel e.g. TVShow, Film you want to watch definately. This is builtin in Kodi19 thx to ksooo
2. a notification about the following program on the same channel when the actual program ends, e.g. 30s before the next program starts.
Yes, the 2nd description is what I was actually meaning. As I said, somebody mentioned 'Next-Up' for LiveTV programmes in a forum post I read quite recently and that's what I took their comment to mean.
I know the 'Next-Up' addon had some changes made a while back to now work with Kodi's video library and addons, so I thought perhaps it had been extended further to work with LiveTV as well, based on the comment I had read. But as I say, I couldn't find any trace of any setting to activate 'Next-Up' for LiveTV in Matrix, so presumed they may have been talking about PVR reminders instead which was added in Matrix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TV Guide] - Enable next program starts notification0