Unable to update QBOX 5.11 to KODI 17l
Huh?? not what i read in the thread but if you think thats what he said ok lol
(2017-02-26, 22:10)trickymicky1 Wrote: Huh?? not what i read in the thread but if you think thats what he said ok lol

I assumed by "manually wipe" you meant remove the custom version of Kodi that is on the box. Like Darren says, this will have a different ID but the same name which causes a conflict and prevents the app from being updated. It's the only way.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Ok what i got from his thread was a lott of superior attitude and refrence to banned addons[i have read forum rules] and we dont support that box with a vague reference as to what to do but i have little knowledge and this is just my opinion, we all don't have the money for an nvidia sheild and some of us circumvent by using work arounds. the qbox is very inexspensive and is a great little android box as long as wiped clean {no banned addons} but hey i may be wrong, i am often wrong ask, original poster see what impression he got ?
Just my opinion

Cool
(2017-02-26, 21:18)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 17:17)OldLeach Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 11:43)DarrenHill Wrote: @OldLeach - A factory reset won't change the Kodi software that's installed - if it's a tweaked version with a different app ID it will remain so and so the issue will be unaffected and will continue to be entirely as described.

But as you're not the one with the issue, if you can provide a better solution then please feel free to do so, or else please stop with the attitude. What @Mnementh says above is entirely correct, and you are beginning to test my patience. Consider this a friendly highlight of what he says above, before my moderator powers here come into play.

I'm the only one here who did provide a solution. Feel free to use your "power" to moderate me out of this forum. You sure can't use it to fix his problem.

I don't think calling you out on ducking the real issue was so out of line. Basically, get to work or give up the post to someone who will.

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Except your method won't work, as you still have a different app ID. Sideload will make no difference, or at least no more difference than uninstalling first and then installing. And at that point the store method will work just as well, as I said in the beginning.

Genius, my method did work as that's how installed 17.1 on a device that came stock with 16.1. Go fish...

Sent from my iPhone
Hey trickymicky1,

The only issue in this thread has been from one users attitude towards what he presumes to be insufficient answers from one of the forums main contributors. The OP (who is absolutely not at fault in any of this) provided a not great deal of information about the issue he is having, DarrenHill answered to the best of his abilities given that little bit of information, the OP accepted the answer with no issues then OldLeach chimed in and this is where all the issues started.

The reference to banned addons was in reply to OldLeachs' comment about builds and was not aimed at the OP in any way.

DarrenHills first answer was referencing the fact that a lot of the Android Box manufacturers put their own tweaked versions of Kodi on them, usually to get hardware acceleration or audio passthrough working etc. Obviously you will be unable to update these builds through the Google Play Store (especially as kodi wasn't even in the store when most of these boxes were sold) as the APK key will be different. The only way to use the Play Store in this case is, as you have done, to remove the install of kodi in question and install fresh, no mention or accusation of banned addons whatsoever.

Unfortunately OldLeach is not happy with those answers and was basically rude to DarrenHill in his response, thats where the problems arise...
Q box using lolipop 5.1.1
Hope this helps someone with the same or similar box i stay away from builds and load everything manually i find it helps run the box smoother and faster the only problem ive had so far is with finding a decent vpn that doesn't slow the net speed down to much and actaully encrypt as it should,and would recommend expanding the memory via sd card as i now have over 17gb of free space now runs great!

Cool Any preloaded android box you buy i would recommend you wipe clean manually mostly garbarge on their anyhow
(2017-02-26, 23:12)OldLeach Wrote: Genius, my method did work as that's how installed 17.1 on a device that came stock with 16.1. Go fish...

Then I'm glad it worked for you in your specific case. But as I've now said 3 times, if the apk ID is different to the store version (or the sideloaded version) then it won't work.

So if the OP sideloaded a modified version with the same ID as their current one (but a newer Kodi version) then it will work, but if they sideload the standard one from us (which will have a different ID) then it won't. If it would have then the play store route would also work, as it doesn't matter how you get the update onto the box, the update itself has to be compatible.

But I'm repeating myself and getting sick of it, so that's enough for this thread from me.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Having read this file .I was helped yesterday with a different issue.I have this above problem on an identical leel box (don't know if I am allowed to say that)sorry if not Darren.
Being a half technical philistine.and not a purist.
Having got one box doing good thought I could do so again with less problem
I have tried many u tube and net ways to install 17 on my 2nd box same box and model but everytime I get to the install page it says k17 failed to install, but no alternative but to click done.I tried the clear from settings storage file. Darren Wink do I need to send a debug file for this? please can you bear with me and tell me how to manually sweep clean. Having said that I did not need to do that on box1. How do I this manually and how do I find my Android type of unit.Sorry if I am ignorant to the tech.and sorry if I offend any rules
Thanks
Hi funny, do you have a browser installed on the box ? if so this is very simple go to the kodi site and download latest version...but first go into box settings and advanced settings then apps hit kodi app you will see menu force stop unistall etc....1 hit force stop 2 hit uninstall..thats how to manually uninstall.. repeat same for all apps....if your box was fully loaded like mine was when i got it wipe all apps off ...Then open browser go to kodi downloads webpage load latest version then you have a clean legal box go to wiki will list programs etc for kodi very simple ....hope this helps Cool
Hi, I succefull update kodi in my QBox. First I delete the old one and the I download via browser the last version from kodi page. Work perfect...but...
The remote control that directly open kodi don't work anymore
Any idea to fix it? How reconfigure it?
Thanks
(2017-02-25, 22:00)OldLeach Wrote:
(2017-02-25, 21:34)DarrenHill Wrote: If it's got a different app ID you can't update it from the app store. As far as it is concerned it's a different app so the update isn't applicable. The fact you know it's Kodi and the two may appear the same is irrelevant.

As to builds, if you are referring to 3rd party ones then we do not support them, indeed many are on the banned addons (wiki) list for what they contain.

What he is saying is, even after a factory reset, he cannot install Kodi 17.1 from APK or google play even though he is running Android 5.1.1.

My experience has been the same but I found a work around. I do not want to use this work around in the future.

You're talking in circles there, buddy. Address the issue being presented.

Hi can you explain me how you manage to install kodi. Because my qbox says that it is not compatible. Many thanks
IT'S Really easy to fix just go to settings , apps delete the kodi app, I also deleted the kodi update app, then went to browser and downloaded kodi 17.1 then found it in downloads or file explorer and installed it, easy
(2017-05-21, 18:38)francissimard Wrote:
(2017-02-25, 22:00)OldLeach Wrote:
(2017-02-25, 21:34)DarrenHill Wrote: If it's got a different app ID you can't update it from the app store. As far as it is concerned it's a different app so the update isn't applicable. The fact you know it's Kodi and the two may appear the same is irrelevant.

As to builds, if you are referring to 3rd party ones then we do not support them, indeed many are on the banned addons (wiki) list for what they contain.

What he is saying is, even after a factory reset, he cannot install Kodi 17.1 from APK or google play even though he is running Android 5.1.1.

My experience has been the same but I found a work around. I do not want to use this work around in the future.

You're talking in circles there, buddy. Address the issue being presented.

Hi can you explain me how you manage to install kodi. Because my qbox says that it is not compatible. Many thanks

I was able to install it from a flash drive and not from directly downloading to the Qbox

Sent from my iPhone
Hey guys I am trying to manually do what you said but am having some issues.
1) How to i manually reset everything, by clearing all data or uninstalling everything?
2) How to I download the latest of version of kodi in browser.  I got to the site but cannot find where it downloads to on my Kodi
1) You can reset everything on Android by either uninstalling or by going to the app info and clearing the cache and stored data. The latter will leave Kodi installed but will remove all user information (downloaded add-ons and configurations etc) and will basically reset it to new install status.

2) Use the download link at the top of this (and every) forum page and then select Android under "Choose your weapon" to get the current stable (17.6) version apk. Click the Android icon and you'll be offered three choices - for apk files most devices need the 32 bit one. If you need an older version of Kodi for any reason the "Older releases" section just below that gives a link to the archive of past version installers.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to update QBOX 5.11 to KODI 17l1