Kodi updated to v17, I don't even know where to start
Kodi updated to v17 and now everything is completely different. It looks absolutely nothing like it used to and I am so upset that I don't even know where to start. Is there any way to go back to what I had before? If I go to Settings->Advanced->Backup and restore skin settings that does nothing.

There are so many missing options on the Home screen menu. How do I make the text all caps again? How do I make the menu wide to span the whole screen? Why do the widgets look like garbage now? How can I display submenus all the time instead of having to press down?
If you don't like it you are free to use a different skin.
So these options have been removed? I don't know if these are skin options or Kodi options. I love the Mimic skin or else I wouldn't be posting here.
They are all skin options.

Mimic 3 wasn't designed very well, making all of those home screen options difficult to maintain. After starting to update the skin for Krypton, decided to simplify the home screen and number of options. That's why Mimic skipped version 4 and I released version 5 for Kodi 17. So those options are gone and won't be coming back. You would need to go back to using Kodi 16 Jarvis if you want to continue using Mimic 3.x.
You could still use Mimic v4 from the github page right? That's what I run on Krypton. I'm pretty satisfied with it!
(2017-02-08, 13:21)willemd Wrote: You could still use Mimic v4 from the github page right? That's what I run on Krypton. I'm pretty satisfied with it!
You can try, but I stopped working on that before finishing all of the changes for Krypton. So some features may not work.
The only thing that really bothers me in v5 is that the menues in horizontal are not at the bottom and at the egdes and it fits less items than before.... also CAPS text was better Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi updated to v17, I don't even know where to start0