I've been using Kodi(/Xbmc) for many years with much pleasure, but lately I am at a loss. After many hours of trying to fix things, I'm coming to ask for the communities' input
- Kodi 17RC3
- Ubuntu 16.04 / x86_64
- Intel® Core i3-3225
- Using HDMI to a plasma TV
- Using optical out for audio
- Random flickering when playing video (depending on the video, sometimes frequent, sometimes less frequent, sometimes no issue at all);
- Freezing interface, often when searching through a video, sometimes when a video ends. Only solution is to 'kill' kodi, or to reboot;
- Crashing, sometimes when searching through a video, sometimes when a video ends.
- Freezing on alt-tab, mostly when playing video but also (sometimes) when just showing the default kodi interface
- Above happens pretty much with every codec & container
What I've tried so far:
- Updating Intel drivers (with 01.org tools)
- Disabling / enabling VAAPI render method
- Installing the latest Kodi (hoping for a fix )
Crashlog (of a 'random' crash) can be found here: http://pastebin.com/Zb2j2WBf
Regular log (of a typical 'freeze') can be found here: http://pastebin.com/SmqTg1YZ (freeze happens around 11:28, log entries continue after)
Thanks so much for any help you're able to offer!
p.s. thanks for all the fantastic work to all the developers out there! Kodi is a great program and keeps on getting better with each release!