Stream DVB-T Channels and radio as "radio" from dvb-t
Hello

Is it possible to add as radio stations DVB-T streams transmitted as channels (without video - only audio stream)? I know that I can create a stream profile with audio only (even transcoded) but i should login with different user name. Plugin currently allow only one creditentials just for Live TV. Is there any way do make second instance for different username and streamed channels put into Radio section?
Profiles (wiki) might be what you are looking for, although if you tag your radio stations as 'radio' in your backend then they should appear in the appropriate place in Kodi. Certainly this works with TVHeadend and I don't need different usernames.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Ok, i found that i just have to manually override service type and now it works. Thanks for the tip, I was thinking about completely different approach. Anyway is there a way to connect to two different tvheadend services?
(2017-02-05, 17:57)Szymon_Zy Wrote: Anyway is there a way to connect to two different tvheadend services?

If you mean - can you connect one PVR Frontend to two TV Headend backends - then not currently (I think it was possible at one point but isn't now)

However it is possible to connect one TV Headend server to another, and make the channels in one TV Headend server appear as channels in another (which you then connect to your Kodi Frontend) though there are some pitfalls.

I've done this by using the file you can download from your TV Headend source server here :
Code:
http://ip:9981/playlist
This will download a channels.m3u file.

Prior to doing it this way I used MuMuDVB to effectively act as a DVB to IPTV converter rather than TV Headend as a source.

You can import the downloaded channels.m3u file to setup an IPTV Automatic Network in DVB Configuration Networks. However as far as your receiving TV Headend is concerned, the IPTV streams for each channel are all independent of each other, so if you can't receive every channel simultanesously, you will have clashes that TV Headend can't cope with. EPG grabbing on one IPTV channel will tie up a tuner at your remote TV Headend, and when your receiving unit tries to tune an IPTV stream from a different source mux or TP, if TV Headend doesn't have a spare tuner, it will fail.

You can mitigate this by creating individual IPTV Networks using the URLs for each channel that CAN be received at the same time (if they are on the same TP or Mux in the source) and adding a Mux for each channel (disable network discovery for this or you can go mad with 'ghost' channels), or by having a couple more tuners than you think you might need in your pool at the server...

I've done this successfully - but it's not perfect. (It's a bit of a niche requirement - you don't usually want a line-up consisting of both locally and remotely received channels - but there are circumstances where you might...)
You can also use one backend as a SAT>IP server, and then use the other as a client to that SAT>IP server. The Tvheadend machine that acts as the SAT>IP client is the one that you connect Kodi to.
(2017-02-09, 06:00)rpcameron Wrote: You can also use one backend as a SAT>IP server, and then use the other as a client to that SAT>IP server. The Tvheadend machine that acts as the SAT>IP client is the one that you connect Kodi to.
Will that work over the internet or just a LAN (and possibly a VPN)? I remember considering SAT>IP and thinking it was LAN only (though I may be wrong)

(I realise that the OP wasn't specifically asking about linking remote TV Headends)
(2017-02-10, 01:36)noggin Wrote:
(2017-02-09, 06:00)rpcameron Wrote: You can also use one backend as a SAT>IP server, and then use the other as a client to that SAT>IP server. The Tvheadend machine that acts as the SAT>IP client is the one that you connect Kodi to.
Will that work over the internet or just a LAN (and possibly a VPN)? I remember considering SAT>IP and thinking it was LAN only (though I may be wrong)

(I realise that the OP wasn't specifically asking about linking remote TV Headends)

After a quick search I can see nothing that would indicate you can't do Sat>IP over the internet, as long as you have the requisite ports open ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream DVB-T Channels and radio as "radio" from dvb-t0