v17 Only 30 fps GUI
Hi,

I've noticed the following in Kodi Krypton on Windows 7.

1. Use fullscreen window = OFF
2. Aero = Disabled

The screen resolution is 1920x1080@30 Hz which gives me choppy gui and menus.

On Jarvis the above gave me 60 Hz with smooth menus. What should I do? If I enable "Use fullscreen window" I get stuttering when watching movies although "Adjust display refresh rate" is ON. I've gone through the Windows 7 FAQ but no luck.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Please help...
If you have sync playback to display, you might want to switch that off, adjust display on start-stop. Check if you allowed for hardware acceleration and does your graphic card support it? Drivers are the usual culprit here, ensure updated drivers. A proper debug log linked back to this thread might offer us a clue to what is going on.

Screen resolution is 1920x1080@30 Hz is a bit odd, and kind of flickering with the Kodi interface, switch that up to 60
Thanks but how do I switch it up to 60 Hz? That's basically my only problem Smile

I don't have sync playback to display. My graphic card supports hardware acceleration but I haven't changed anything regarding HW Acceleration yet. And I just noticed that if I enable "Use fullscreen window" the movie seems OK but at the top I get tearing and other pixel problems.

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/CnNNuZj4

Thanks for your time and help!
Starts on your desktop as Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 60Hz, and Primary mode: 1920x1080@ 60.00 - Full Screen (true fullscreen) on screen 0 with size 1920x1080, refresh 60.000000 while the GUI format 1920x1080, Display 1920x1080@ 30.00 - Full Screen

In settings>system>display>Choose full screen #1, then click on the resolution and a window will pop up. with some resolutions ensure 1080p Might something in your graphics software to define this res as 60 cycles.
I have the same Problem on Windows 10 64Bit. But if i change the kodi shortcut to --standalone its possible to change it to 60 hz in the Systems Settings. Are there any bad impacts when starting kodi with --standalone?
(2017-02-06, 23:42)panat23 Wrote: I have the same Problem on Windows 10 64Bit. But if i change the kodi shortcut to --standalone its possible to change it to 60 hz in the Systems Settings. Are there any bad impacts when starting kodi with --standalone?
Interesting solve, where are you setting --standalone? all I see is compatibility mode in properties of the icon in windows 7 Hope the op tried it.
Right Click on the desktop Icon, properties and in the Path to the kodi.exe, i type --standalone right after kodi.exe
Now i have the Problem that on next Start of Kodi, the display Resolution has changed again to 1080p 30hz and I have to change it again to 1080p 60hz manualy. Is there an Solution for that behavior?
If you toggle back to windowed mode, the desktop is 1920 x 1080 60cycles and Kodi is 60 again taking it's refresh from windows. In settings/system set a time for the delay of refresh. In the properties of the shortcut, specify compatibility mode, see if that will hold 60hz in full screen.

if you start kodi with option --standalone, it will allow you to select a refresh rate for GUI.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2489453
Trank you for the answer Patk

But the Problem still occurs. You are right that if i change to windowed mode kodi is 60 again, but After Setting Delay of refresh to 2 seconds and set the shortcut to compatibility mode for windows 8, on the next Start of kodi the GUI is again 1080p 30hz
(2017-02-06, 23:42)panat23 Wrote: I have the same Problem on Windows 10 64Bit.

(2017-02-07, 20:58)panat23 Wrote: and set the shortcut to compatibility mode for windows 8

Huh

Am I the only one that do not understand this?
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-02-07, 20:58)panat23 Wrote: But the Problem still occurs. You are right that if i change to windowed mode kodi is 60 again, but After Setting Delay of refresh to 2 seconds and set the shortcut to compatibility mode for windows 8, on the next Start of kodi the GUI is again 1080p 30hz
So when you play a video, hit the keyboard 'o' command and it shows information, it's still showing 30cycles and is the display flickering or does it appear stable and watchable?
No when i Play a Video the refresh rate changes correctly to 24hz and everything is stable and watchable, the Problem with 30hz occurs only in the GUI.
@Gracus

Sorry of course i changed to compatibility Mode for Windows 7
In settings>system>resolution should be 1920 x 1080p, I'm wondering if it's not reporting for a 1080i (the "i" stands for interlaced and would be 30 cycles), perhaps redoing this might bring it around?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Only 30 fps GUI0