• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Thread Closed
1358 Offline
Smile seems to work very well
thank you for notification
find
VanillaXtract Offline
Donor
Yay! Ubuntu is available. Thank you so much for your hard work!

Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
Den: RetroPie 4.1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO XVT553SV
Bedroom: OSMC 2017.02-1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO E370VA
HP Chromebook 14: Ubuntu 16.04 x64 | Celeron 2955U | Jarvis
NAS: Windows 10 | 20TB on DrivePool | Emby DB | Subsonic | Plex
find
nickr Online
Team-Kodi Member
(2017-02-10 22:00)1358 Wrote:  
(2017-02-10 20:49)thezencowsaysmu Wrote:  Assuming you're upgraded using the Kodi ubuntu PPA, the PVR plugins haven't been updated there yet.
Kinda bad timing that kodi itself is updated in the ppa without the plugins. Sad
Invidious that PVR has now stopped working after updating the stable branch during normal system maintenance.
The linux release is the code tarball, you can always do your own compiling.

And FFS you can't compile every package at once, inevitable that there will be a delay between kodi itself and the pvr addons.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thank user' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "Thank you" button.)
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-11 02:39 by nickr.)
find
1358 Offline
Please don't get me wrong. It is great that there is a ppa. And of course it is impossible to compile all packages at once.

However it could be possible to to build the addons first, add dependencies to them, that they are kept back by the packaging system until kodi's build is finished, so that they can be updated all at once without malfunction?
find
Martijn Offline
Team Kodi
(2017-02-11 12:39)1358 Wrote:  Please don't get me wrong. It is great that there is a ppa. And of course it is impossible to compile all packages at once.

However it could be possible to to build the addons first, add dependencies to them, that they are kept back by the packaging system until kodi's build is finished, so that they can be updated all at once without malfunction?

then you would break v16 build cause they pull in the incompatible pvr addons.

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
find
TheRealHip Offline
On tv shows the date is being shown wrong. The Month and day are good but the year is wrong, not a big deal it works fine on the last release.
On the fire tv box when you stop a show it does back into finding links.

Minor stuff. I really love this and couldn't do with out Kodi. Thanks soooo much guys.
find
HappyChapSteve Offline
Thanks for another great release, guys!

However, one thing: I'm kinda frustrated at the same old looking skins. I was using siOx2 which made Kodi look more like the AppleTV. Can some PLEASE create a skin that is fully supported by new versions of Kodi that looks like the AppleTV, ie customizable tiles instead of menu options? The existing themes are not up to snuff in this respect and tend to break when newer versions of Kodi are released (like in this case for me) :-) That would make Kodi perfect for me.

Thanks!
find
ThePoetStefan Offline
Thank you and well done Smile
find
41nick Offline
Thank you very much -- this is now working really nicely on my system. (Initially I was using kodibuntu and upgrading to kodi 17 gave me an unusable system, lots of screen tearing and the screen flashing off for a few seconds a a time along with a lot of sound distortion. I upgraded to Ubuntu 16 server -- thank you to whoever wrote the guide -- and all is perfect so for)

Really appreciate the hard work

(Estuary is awesome)
find
djaefl Offline
Kodi 17 does not work with win 7 it says '' The program cant start because api-ms-win-crt runtime-|1-10.dll is missing from your computer , Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem'' no matter how many times you install it and uninstall it, kodi 17 does not work with win 7
find
TheRealHip Offline
(2017-02-12 17:26)djaefl Wrote:  Kodi 17 does not work with win 7 it says '' The program cant start because api-ms-win-crt runtime-|1-10.dll is missing from your computer , Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem'' no matter how many times you install it and uninstall it, kodi 17 does not work with win 7

I am running it on windows 7 64bit and it works great. That's a windows problem, do a search on google to fix it.
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-12 17:58 by TheRealHip.)
find
trogggy Online
Posting Freak
(2017-02-12 17:26)djaefl Wrote:  Kodi 17 does not work with win 7 it says '' The program cant start because api-ms-win-crt runtime-|1-10.dll is missing from your computer , Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem'' no matter how many times you install it and uninstall it, kodi 17 does not work with win 7
I think I'd have noticed by now if krypton didn't work with windows 7.
find
Waltman Offline
I just updated My mac mini (2011) and pi (2) to Kodi 17. All is good. Thanks for all the hard work.

How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-12 20:32 by Waltman.)
find
IgorA100 Offline
Hello!
I use Ubuntu latest stable release version.
Installed CODY 17, does not work. Picture jerks. I tried on different TVs.
https://youtu.be/ToAt39qJwpw
ADD LOG: http://pastebin.com/raw/8yE1WjPd
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-15 20:53 by IgorA100.)
find
seawolf Offline
Exclamation  RE: Kodi 17.0 Krypton - Released!
kodi-wiiremote does not work any more with Kodi 17 (at least on Ubuntu) kodi-wiiremote does not workFrown
Sty tunned.
find
Thread Closed