• 3(current)
Release Kodi 17.0 Krypton - Released!
Great work, thanks and congrats!!!
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Top work and a great improvement. Well done to all involved!
(2017-02-06, 19:35)Kib Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 19:13)VanillaXtract Wrote: Is there an approximate ETA on the ubuntu release?

When our PPA maintainer returns from holiday Smile I believe have some other people with access but it looks like we do not have / can not find the documentation on how everything works. We didn't feel this should delay the release for the other platforms. Hang in tight !

Well let's hope your maintainer had a pleasant holiday and, more importantly, a very safe return trip! Tongue
I have three Matricom G-Box Qs. They all have Android 5.1.1. I just upgraded the first device to Kodi 17.0 from 16.1 and now Kodi won't launch at all. The first time I launched it, it went through the typical "Preparing for first run" but when it got to the end, it crashed. I tried launching it again and it crashed again. Every time I try to run Kodi now it either crashes immediately or it just hangs on an all black screen.
It is worth mentioning that I also use MySQL for my library. I checked my database I see that the database was not updated. It is still using MyMusic56 and MyVideos99 from v16.1. I tried renaming my advancedsettings.xml to advancedsettings.xml.bak but it still won't run Kodi.
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Unfortunately I can't provide a Kodi debug log because I can't get in to Kodi to enable it.
I am, however, having some success. In android's settings, I went to Apps and cleared the data and cache for Kodi. I launched it again and this time it loaded!!! I then exited from Kodi and had to recreate my advancedsettings.xml. When I ran Kodi again it migrated my database and it looks like things are working fine now. My databases are at MyMusic60 and MyVideos107.
So...Looks like I've got it working again. I will be sure to report back if there are other issues. I've been looking forward to this release for a looooooong time.
Good to hear.

For future reference, you can enable debug logging in advancedsettings.xml.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#...ngs.xml.29
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just a friendly reminder:

This is an announcement thread, not a support thread. Please keep any comments in that context. If everyone starts posting their issues here they will get lost in the ether.

If you have specific support questions please use the appropriate support for you operating system or hardware device.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Hello all, ben using xbmc from before the confluence skin.
Congrats with estuary, i really love this improvements. Way to go Kodi, you're the best out there!
SONY STR-DH820 | SONY SA-VE705 | Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8400, ASUS P5QD Turbo, SAMSUNG SH-B123L Blu-Ray Combo, ZALMAN HD503 | PANASONIC TX-P42U10E
Kodi the best! Great work! Thank you!

Please, add 3D MVC to play 3D ISO in the Kodi
This builds was really nice:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=265299
however last Kodi builds crashes on iso files.

Please, add SACD ISO support also
Congratulations to all the Kodi team members for the successful launch of Kodi 17.0 Krypton. Great work!

I look forward to start using this new version.
kaspersky is deleting again the installfile for windows Sad
whats going on thereHuh
(2017-02-06, 09:21)nickr Wrote: Android audio will depend how well your firmware supports android standards - and that is not up to Team Kodi.

Since Dolby & DTS passthru work in Kodi 16.1 and don't work in Kodi 17, it is not a matter of the device but obviously a matter of the kodi software.
(2017-02-08, 12:46)j-m-s Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 09:21)nickr Wrote: Android audio will depend how well your firmware supports android standards - and that is not up to Team Kodi.

Since Dolby & DTS passthru work in Kodi 16.1 and don't work in Kodi 17, it is not a matter of the device but obviously a matter of the kodi software.
Time to do some reading. The krypton changes - taking out some workarounds that have been used in Jarvis and before - are plastered all over the forum. If Jarvis is better for you then carry on using it.
(2017-02-08, 12:58)trogggy Wrote: Time to do some reading. The krypton changes - taking out some workarounds that have been used in Jarvis and before - are plastered all over the forum. If Jarvis is better for you then carry on using it.

Sure I do. I had to uninstall kodi 17, search for the kodi 16.1 apk in the internet, download it and install it. After installing kodi, I had to install all my addons I had before, configure them, configure kodi and voila, with one afternoon of work I had the same I had last week: all working fine.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.0 Krypton - Released!2