[Android Krypton Compile Guide] Step by Step
I follow the readme and I can generate without problems, but cool it has a different form
----------------------
3) Get Android SDK & NDK
----------------------
a) SDK tools
$ mkdir $HOME/android-sdk-linux

get the sdk tools from the link below:
https://dl.google.com/android/repository...-linux.zip
uncompress tools_r25.2.3-linux.zip to: /$HOME/android-sdk-linux/

$ cd /$HOME/android-sdk-linux/tools
$ ./android update sdk -u -t platform,platform-tool
$ ./android update sdk --all -u -t build-tools-20.0.0

b) NDK
get the NDK from the link below
https://dl.google.com/android/repository...x86_64.zip
uncompress android-ndk-r12b-linux-x86_64.zip to /$HOME/
so you'll have: /$HOME/android-ndk-r12b

----------------------
4) Set up the Android tool chain
----------------------
$ cd /$HOME/android-ndk-r12b
$ cd build/tools
$ ./make-standalone-toolchain.sh --ndk-dir=../../ \
--install-dir=/$HOME/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9-vanilla/android-21 --platform=android-21 \
--toolchain=arm-linux-androideabi-4.9

----------------------
8) Building dependencies
----------------------
$ cd $HOME/kodi-krypton/tools/depends
$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure --with-tarballs=/$HOME/xbmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=/$HOME/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=/$HOME/android-ndk-r12b --with-toolchain=/$HOME/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9-vanilla/android-21 --prefix=/$HOME/xbmc-depends

[/quote]

instead of using /$HOME use $HOME because /$HOME gives //home/<user>
Hello,

i want to compile kodi for android and i read the README on github but i stuck by building the depencies. I have no configure file under /tools/depends so i cannot execute the ./configure command.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
5.1. Building dependencies
--------------------------------------------------------------------
$ cd $HOME/kodi-android/tools/depends
$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure --help

please help.
What OS are you using?
Have you executed ./bootstrap in tools/depends?
Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus)

if i run ./bootstrap i got this:

make: Verzeichnis „/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/pre-depends/m4-pre-depends“ wird betreten
mkdir -p /root/kodi-android/tools/depends/pre-depends/m4-pre-depends/../../pre-build-deps
cd /root/kodi-android/tools/depends/pre-depends/m4-pre-depends/../../pre-build-deps; curl -Ls --$
Makefile:23: die Regel für Ziel „/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/pre-depends/m4-pre-depends/../$
make: Verzeichnis „/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/pre-depends/m4-pre-depends“ wird verlassen
make: Verzeichnis „/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/pre-depends/autoconf-pre-depends“ wird betre$
mkdir -p /root/kodi-android/tools/depends/pre-depends/autoconf-pre-depends/../../pre-build-deps
cd /root/kodi-android/tools/depends/pre-depends/autoconf-pre-depends/../../pre-build-deps; curl $
Makefile:25: die Regel für Ziel „/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/pre-depends/autoconf-pre-depen$
make: Verzeichnis „/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/pre-depends/autoconf-pre-depends“ wird verla$
autoconf was not found and could not be built. Aborting.

FIXED. i had to install autoconf on ubuntu 16.04 it was not preinstalled.
my next problem is:

make -C python27-native
make[2]: Verzeichnis „/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/native“ wird betreten
make[2]: *** python27-native: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden. Schluss.
make[2]: Verzeichnis „/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/native“ wird verlassen
Makefile:47: die Regel für Ziel „python27-native“ scheiterte
make[1]: *** [python27-native] Fehler 2
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/native“ wird verlassen
Makefile:8: die Regel für Ziel „native/.installed-x86_64-linux-native“ scheiterte
make: *** [native/.installed-x86_64-linux-native] Error 2

but python is installed version 2.7.12

"Error: *** python27-native: file or folder not found. ending."
post the exact configure command with all parameters you executed
./configure --with-tarballs=/opt/xbmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=/opt/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=/opt/android-ndk-r14b --with-toolchain=/opt/android-ndk-r14b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9/android-21 --prefix=/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/

i put a new Makefile in the required folder but now i got this:

rm -rf x86_64-linux-native/*; mkdir -p x86_64-linux-native
cd x86_64-linux-native; /bin/tar --strip-components=1 -xf /opt/xmbc-tarballs/Python-2.7.12.tar.xz
xz: (stdin): Unerwartetes Eingabe Ende (Unexpected input end) <-------------------- wahts that ?
/bin/tar: Unerwartetes Dateiende im Archiv. (Unexpected files in the archive)
/bin/tar: Unerwartetes Dateiende im Archiv. (Unexpected files in the archive)
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Fixed renamed Python-2.7.12.tar.xz to Python-2.7.12.tar.gz

but now its stucks on

"cd x86_64-linux-native; /bin/tar --strip-components=1 -xf /opt/xmbc-tarballs/pcre-8.33.tar.gz"

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
/bin/tar: Unerwartetes Dateiende im Archiv.
/bin/tar: Unerwartetes Dateiende im Archiv.
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

same thing as above but now its gz and he wants gz(gzip) :/
Hi.

I'm trying to compile SPMC (guess it's the same stuff) but after :

./configure --with-tarballs=$HOME/spmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=$HOME/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=$HOME/android-ndk-r12b --with-toolchain=$HOME/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9-vanilla/android-21 --prefix=$HOME/xbmc-depends

I got this message :

But $HOME/android-ndk-r12b is OK.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Found my error, it's because the command is wrong, you have to user --with-nds-path :

./configure --with-tarballs=$HOME/spmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=$HOME/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk-path=$HOME/android-ndk-r12b --with-toolchain=$HOME/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9-vanilla/android-21 --prefix=$HOME/xbmc-depends

Post #1 need an update Wink
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Following the instructions, all addon-binaries are compiled successfully but none are included in the final package, for example "iptv.iptvsimple.so" is not included, even though it's compiled and present.
Hello Guys

I'm trying to compile kodi and I'm having problems in the dependencies.

with this configurations:
./configure --with-tarballs=/opt/xbmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=/opt/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=/opt/android-ndk-r12b/android-ndk-r12b --with-toolchain=/opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9-vanilla/android-21 --prefix=/opt/xbmc-depends

When runs make I got the following error

make[2]: Entering directory `/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/native/m4-native'
cd /opt/xbmc-tarballs; /usr/bin/curl -Ls --create-dirs -f -O http://mirrors.kodi.tv/build-deps/source....17.tar.gz
make[2]: *** [/opt/xbmc-tarballs/m4-1.4.17.tar.gz] Error 6
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/native/m4-native'
make[1]: *** [m4-native] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/native'

if I change the configurations to:
./configure --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=/opt/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=/opt/android-ndk-r12b/android-ndk-r12b --with-toolchain=/opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9-vanilla/android-21 --prefix=/opt/xbmc-depends

I got this error:
ake[3]: Entering directory `/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/native/python27-native/x86_64-linux-native'
make[3]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/native/python27-native/x86_64-linux-native'
make[2]: *** [x86_64-linux-native/python] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/native/python27-native'
make[1]: *** [python27-native] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/kodi-android/tools/depends/native'

I'm using ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Greetings

-----Problem solved-----
When I build apk by the tutorial from first post so Kodi works fine, but any binnary addon doesn't work.
In log are errors about:
Code:
ERROR: Unable to load ..libpvr.stalker.so" needed or dlopened by "/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-2/lib/arm64/libkodi.so" is not accessible for the namespace "classloader-namespace"

Edit: I found so all native addons libs (c native libs) are missing and isn't in apk
(2017-07-30, 11:52)BrozikCZ Wrote: When I build apk by the tutorial from first post so Kodi works fine, but any binnary addon doesn't work.
In log are errors about:
Code:
ERROR: Unable to load ..libpvr.stalker.so" needed or dlopened by "/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-2/lib/arm64/libkodi.so" is not accessible for the namespace "classloader-namespace"

Edit: I found so all native addons libs (c native libs) are missing and isn't in apk 
Did you ever find a solution for this?
I'd like to say thanks for the instructions. I am currently at running make command in step 8. I am just curious, how long does it take generally? OP says a while, is that few hours or more?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Android Krypton Compile Guide] Step by Step3