[Android Krypton Compile Guide] Step by Step
Also, if rebranding, where can I change package name and strings?
Depends how fast your computer is, all in all around 2-3hours in my experience.
Thanks! I think I made error at first, I was using /$HOME and it was running for 5 hours lol it froze up at a mirror point.

So I did it with $HOME

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, the version txt shows 17.6

I hope this guide works
Is it normal for process to appear as being stuck?
I do not want to kill it and restart.

It is stuck, not progressing, from here:
I just killed it then reran make and it picked back up fairly quick since everything up to this point was done
(2017-11-25, 15:21)OptimusGREEN Wrote:
(2017-07-30, 11:52)BrozikCZ Wrote: When I build apk by the tutorial from first post so Kodi works fine, but any binnary addon doesn't work.
In log are errors about:
Code:
ERROR: Unable to load ..libpvr.stalker.so" needed or dlopened by "/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-2/lib/arm64/libkodi.so" is not accessible for the namespace "classloader-namespace"

Edit: I found so all native addons libs (c native libs) are missing and isn't in apk 
Did you ever find a solution for this?

Bump.. I'm stuck in this same situation. I am able to follow guide and build APK, but binary addons are not packaged, I check kodi-krypton/build/addons and no binary addons are present...

Seems the guide is incomplete.

Had anyone found a workaround?
Will these instructions work for the current build?
Basically, could I grab the current master and compile?
I’ve seen stuff about cmake needing to be used, but decent doco on Android seems thin on the ground
I would say it is for 17.6, when I compiled 2 months ago. Follow this guide to a T! Make sure you are using same virtualbox version, image version, etc and you will no issues
Just gone through with trying to compile the current version and get errors in the make... will have to take a proper look but it doesn’t seem happy 😂
Run this against the current build.... several times starting from scratch each time and ends with the same error
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target'
make -C pcre
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/pcre'
make -C arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/pcre/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug'
make[3]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/pcre/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug'
Makefile:33: recipe for target 'arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug/.libs/libpcre.a' failed
make[2]: *** [arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug/.libs/libpcre.a] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/pcre'
Makefile:125: recipe for target 'pcre' failed
make[1]: *** [pcre] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target'
Makefile:11: recipe for target 'target/.installed-arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug' failed
make: *** [target/.installed-arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug] Error 2
Code:
touch /home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/pcre/Makefile
make -C /home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target pcre

Post the complete output of the second command if it doesn't succeed.
darren@DSUbuntu:~/kodi-android/tools/depends$ make -C /home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target pcre
make: Entering directory '/home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target'
make -C pcre
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/pcre'
rm -rf arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug/*; mkdir -p arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug
cd arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug; /bin/tar --strip-components=1 -xf /home/darren/kodi-tarballs/pcre-8.36.tar.gz
cd arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug; patch -p1 < ../tvos-bitcode-fix.patch
patching file ltmain.sh
cd arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug; patch -p0 < ../jit_aarch64.patch
patching file sljit/sljitConfigInternal.h
cd arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug; cp -f /home/darren/xbmc-depends/x86_64-linux-gnu-native/share/automake-1.15/config.sub /home/darren/xbmc-depends/x86_64-linux-gnu-native/share/automake-1.15/config.guess .; ./configure --prefix=/home/darren/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug --disable-shared --disable-stack-for-recursion --enable-pcre8 --disable-pcre16 --disable-pcre32 --enable-jit --enable-utf --enable-unicode-properties --enable-newline-is-anycrlf
configure: loading site script /home/darren/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug/share/config.site
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for strip... /home/darren/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9-vanilla/android-21/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-strip
configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) yes
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking for gcc...
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/pcre/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details
Makefile:26: recipe for target 'arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug' failed
make[1]: *** [arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug] Error 77
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/pcre'
Makefile:125: recipe for target 'pcre' failed
make: *** [pcre] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target'
Are you following the guide at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ME.android (NDK 16, libc++ STL)?

Post /home/darren/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/pcre/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug/config.log.
Was trying the guide here for Krypton, given up and moved on to v18 and been using the guide you posted. 

Getting errors with the toolchain now

darren@DSUbuntu://home/darren/android-ndk-r16b/build/tools$ ./make-standalone-toolchain.sh \--install-dir=$HOME/aarch64-linux-android-4.9-vanilla/android-21 --platform=android-21 \--toolchain=aarch64-linux-android-4.9 --stl=libc++
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_EXE=
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_TAG=linux-x86_64
HOST_NUM_CPUS=1
BUILD_NUM_CPUS=2
Auto-config: --arch=arm64
ERROR: Failed to create toolchain.
The backslashes are only required if you split the command into multiple lines, but it looks like you did it in one line. In that case you have to remove them and try again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Android Krypton Compile Guide] Step by Step3