OS X WARNING: Kodi 17.0 on old Macs is BROKEN (stay on 16.1)
I updated to Kodi 17 and now it won't open at all, here's my log; http://pastebin.com/6utkpXcs

Is there any way I can downgrade back to 16.1?
(2017-02-07, 22:10)wardben Wrote: I updated to Kodi 17 and now it won't open at all, here's my log; http://pastebin.com/6utkpXcs

Is there any way I can downgrade back to 16.1?

Just download kodi 16.1 and overwrite the kodi 17 app in application folder.
If you still have problems you could try restoring your userdata folder (in username/Library/Application Support/Kodi) from a time machine backup from before you installed kodi 17.
I have not used any beta of v17. Just upgraded to 17 and find that if hardware decoding is on, then what smellin discribes is valid. V16 with hardware decoding on works fine. I am using a Mac mini 2010.
(2017-02-09, 05:16)Audiomixer Wrote: I have not used any beta of v17. Just upgraded to 17 and find that if hardware decoding is on, then what smellin discribes is valid. V16 with hardware decoding on works fine. I am using a Mac mini 2010.
And you provide no debug log (wiki) . Please do so.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nope I have not since I have had no time. I will very soon though time permitting. Wonder if this might be like plex media player which had a similar issue with hardware decoding on older mac machines. IIRC, they have different hardware decoding for older and newer machines. Problem was solved. I'll get logs this weekend.
Ok, here is the log file. First file played with hardware acceleration off and playing ok but with CPU at or near 100%. Next two files played with hardware acceleration on with CPU showing approx 9%. Video stutters badly and is slo mo and not usable. This is on a 2010 mac mini.
I remember going through this with plex media player where they ended up having to have two types of hardware acceleration, one for newer hardware and one for older hardware.
I have a 2015 macbook pro as well with kodi v17 and that one is working perfectly.
Confirmed Kodi 17 works fine and reproduces mkv in a six years old Mac (Late 2011), running El Camino.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WARNING: Kodi 17.0 on old Macs is BROKEN (stay on 16.1)0