Settings Option
So, seems I have lost the settings options due, and I am going to stick to this story, a large lack of coffee.

I like to remove it from the homepage and then have it enabled on the Quit menu. Seems I did not manage to add it to the quit Menu and am now stuck..

Does anyone know what file (and location) I can manually edit via SSH to revert my UI to allow me to get back to settings?

Thanks!
So, dug around a little more and have find the following

~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.amber

<setting id="QuitMenu_Show_Settings" type="bool">false</setting>

Editting this to

<setting id="QuitMenu_Show_Settings" type="bool">true</setting>

But I'm not sure I am getting this value to save our correctly, which could be my lack of SSH knowhow and not just coffee this time... I Edit the line, then Write out the File using same name which I would expect to just overwrite... then I have Rebooted, both via the Amber menu and with a SHH Reboot command but once getting back into Kdo the settings option is not there and looking at this file again the value is back to false.

Anyone got some popinters on where or what I might be missing.

I saw a comment in another thread that hitting S on a keyboard would work, but this just brings up the Quit Menu which does not have the Settings option.

thanks!
You may need to switch to a different skin before changing the file. It may get overwritten with the running value as part of the skin unload procedure when Kodi is rebooted. Then switch back to Amber after you have changed the file.

As you can't access the settings to do this you will need to exit Kodi, (may need killing at the ssh prompt) and then edit the guisettings.xml file in the userdata folder. Find the line that shows skin.amber and change it to skin.confluence or similar and reboot.
Hi,

Thanks for your Help, once I tracked down how to Kill Kodi at the command line it worked a treat.

For anyone else that needs it, I used:

systemctl stop kodi (note, your Kodi will go off, Black Screen but panic not...)

Then I editted both the guisettings.xml and the settings.xml file (found in ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.amber, not sure I made that clear above)

Now do:

systemctl start kodi

I could then change the skin back to Amber and Whooohooo my Settings option is now available on the Quit Menu.

Thanks Joe, much appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings Option0