v17 Codec Information
Hi, Love the new interface but, how do I get the codec information back?

I have been in the process of encoding all my dvd's and blu rays to x265. I used Kodi as a 'library' via Nvidia Shield for letting me know what I had done and what was needed to be done and now it no longer shows that info.

Also, I can't see movie ratings anymore. Are they gone too or am I not looking properly?

Thanks.
What skin were you using before? If it is updated for Krypton, use it again!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the reply.

I was using Confluence on Jarvis 16.1 but, I am now using Krypton 17.0 with Estuary. I prefer the Estuary skin but I miss not having the tags and ratings etc...

Is there anyway to add them back manually?
(2017-02-07, 18:06)ecstaticbrick Wrote: Thanks for the reply.

I was using Confluence on Jarvis 16.1 but, I am now using Krypton 17.0 with Estuary. I prefer the Estuary skin but I miss not having the tags and ratings etc...

Is there anyway to add them back manually?

Did you tried 'o' from keyboard to get codec info or Ctrl shift I will get bit rate information as well

Sent from my iPhone
Joining to discussion ....

"O" works ok, you get all info from there.
Now the dummy question, when TV set top box, no keyboard, only fly mouse, how this info can be retrieved ....
(2017-02-07, 21:25)ivx675 Wrote: Joining to discussion ....

"O" works ok, you get all info from there.
Now the dummy question, when TV set top box, no keyboard, only fly mouse, how this info can be retrieved ....

I believe you need keyboard for codec or if you use krypton then there is a info 'i' for codec which don't need keyboard

Sent from my iPhone
Map a remote key.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
"I" has one problem, it won't show resolution and HW/SW encoding info.

>Map a remote key.
What you mean by this ?
(Remote has only back,home,arrows and ok button)
hmmm get a remote with more buttons?

Also you do realise that long presses can now be added, giving you twice the keys?
I browsed all settings, can't find way how to map a key ... any help ?
Have you been to the wiki?
Create Keyboard.xml file using the following lines and place it in the kodi user data keymap folder and restart , when O long pressed you will see video codec info

<keymap>
<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<o mod="longpress">PlayerDebug</o>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>
(2017-02-09, 08:50)ivx675 Wrote: I browsed all settings, can't find way how to map a key ... any help ?

Create Keyboard.xml file using the following lines and place it in the kodi user data keymap folder and restart , when O long pressed you will see video codec info

<keymap>
<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<o mod="longpress">PlayerDebug</o>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Codec Information0